Best Diaper Rash Treatment and when to call doc

dani851819

Asked by dani851819 at 6:06 AM on Nov. 18, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Go online to www.arbonneinternational.com (just copy/paste to your browser). They have an all natural baby care line, and that diaper rash cream was all that worked on my little guy. I'm stocking up for the new baby already, and I'm only 5 weeks! lol

Anyway, if your baby has the rash for longer than a few days, or gets uncomfortable, has cracking or bleeding...it's time to see the doc. If they can't get you in, take your little one to the hospital. Diaper rashes can turn serious quickly, especially since that area is frequently urinated and BMed on.

Another way to help keep it clean is to use wet paper towels instead of baby wipes (they have alcohol in them and can make the rash worse). Give gentle baths frequently, and let the baby go without a diaper for about 15 minutes after changing before putting a clean one on.
    cskomk0106

Answer by cskomk0106 at 6:35 AM on Nov. 18, 2008

• every chance you ge keep the diaper off. Let some air and natual light on the skin. When the diaper is on I personally like the thick overnight desitin during the day. and at night. the old fashioned corn starch...or baby powder.

If its raw, and painfull, your doc should be able to give you Tripple Ointment, ask for it. it will clear anything up a couple times of using it....
    cloud144

Answer by cloud144 at 7:19 AM on Nov. 18, 2008

• I sware by aquaphor. Put it on every change to prevent rashes. If it doesn't go away after 3 or 4 days, may need to check with the doc. Plus, if it's well defined raised red bumps, it could be a yeast infection. I'm getting good at spotting them now. :) Those usually end up with with stuff on them. Yucky.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:20 AM on Nov. 18, 2008

• If it is a yeast infection, mix a little bit of monistat w/ Desitin or another creamy rash cream. It worked so well for my DD. I also like Johnson's Diaper Rash relief....I had been overlooking it b/c it's one of the cheaper creams....but it is so much thicker and doesn't rub off as easily as Desitin. I now use it every diaper change for prevention.
    Kimebs

Answer by Kimebs at 8:56 AM on Nov. 18, 2008

• Corn starch with every diaper change worked best in my ENTIRE family for generations. Use about a spoonful and get it everywhere on the diaper rash. It keeps the moisture out and neutralizes things. I also found that A&D Diaper Rash Cream worked best. A&D does have an general ointment, but the specific diaper rash cream is better. But every baby and their skin is different. But the A&D has the highest zink ozide in it, and that is key the doctor told me. While at the doctor they gave me little samples of Bacitracin Zinc Ointment, that you can use on all kinds of skin problems with babies, kids and adults. A girlfriend also told me that Aquafor makes a great cream that worked on her daughter. But I truely believe the old fashioned corn starch works better than anything!!! Cleared my babies rash up, and his little bum was open sores for a few days, right after birth and one other time, thank goodness!!! Good luck.
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 11:34 AM on Nov. 18, 2008