• In the Spotlight:

My license expired....what can i do?!

ok, so my license expired on the 31..well we were in Arkansas for my grandpa's funeral and got caught in the massive snow storm that struck and didn't get bck until the 5th..ok, so I call the DMV place and the automated system says that if your licens expired an it's within 60 days (even out of state) that you have to bring proof of being yourself..so I do, and the lady I speak to at the DMV proceeds to tell me that I have to retest (the written and driving portion) an simply hands me a driving book. Dh is tellinvme to call Arkansas DMV and say I'm visiting and didn't realize it expired when it did, and renew it over the phone, and just have an ar license..am I seriously stuck retesting or did the lady I spoke to give me wrong information????? It's only been 15 days since it expired and I went down the first business day we were back..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:46 AM on Feb. 16, 2011 in Home & Garden

• Oh, we live in washington
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:46 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• Maybe try googling Washington drivers license renewal regulations. Good luck.
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 2:06 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• well i had this similar thing happen to me in OR and i walked in to take care of something like the day after mine expired and since i was there in person i just paid the fees and what not and they just made me take a new picture and that was it. you could try that at least if you can get to a washington dmv office.
    macks_mommy

Answer by macks_mommy at 2:17 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• I'm in PA.... I just went like I normally would have had I not let it expire. I had no problems. And it was only a month expired.
    MrsDAP

Answer by MrsDAP at 7:53 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• Was your license a AK license or a WA license?? Some states require you to retest if you are getting a new license when you've never had one. NC requires new license holders to retest the written portion....doesn't matter if your license from your other state had expired or not.

http://www.dol.wa.gov/driverslicense/moving.html

And according the WA DMV website - if it has expired you have to retest everything.  Because it is no longer considered valid if it is expired.  

twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 8:07 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• get licence info in search or what you need to get it back!
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 8:11 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• sounds like she may have just been having a bad day and taking it out on you
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 8:12 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• In Maryland I think you have up to a year to renew your licence. You can call and find out to make sure.

HomeAlone45

Answer by HomeAlone45 at 8:40 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• According to the WA DMV website - If you have an out of state license that has expired, you HAVE to retest as an expired license is not considered a valid for of identification......and it doesn't matter if it expired a day or 15 days ago.

And though it isn't on the website - I'd be willing to bet that if your in state license has expired they have the right to require you to retest on any and all of the test portions.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:52 AM on Feb. 16, 2011