My bay is 11 months old. Can anyone advice what kind of food i can give him? what is the amount of water he should drink per day?

he gave already 6 tooth , should i start and brush it?

florentina

Asked by florentina at 6:51 AM on Nov. 18, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yes you should be brushing his teeth w/the baby toothbrush and toothpaste without flouride. I'm assuming that you've already started him on solid foods? If you have then you can start giving him soft table foods, give him a variety(staying away from the allergenic foods) of different textures and flavors. He'll let you know what he likes and doesn't, don't give up and just keep trying different things. I followed a three day rule....if i gave him anything new, i would wait 3days b/f introducing it or anything else new again...that way if he had an allergic reaction, we would know what caused it.
    Jessimica

Answer by Jessimica at 7:19 AM on Nov. 18, 2008

• Yes you should def be brushing teeth that just gets them used to brushing and they don't get so annoyed when they are toddler sized. They know it has to be done. If you haven't started him on solids and sounds like you haven't. You can start with the puffs they have them in the baby isle at the grocery store or walmart. Or you can even go with cheerios. All my kids loved cheerios. Once he gets the hang of chewing soft foods that mostly dissolve you can move on towards other foods. You can go for oatmeal, rice, cereal in milk or baby formula whatever you use let it soften first. Then just gradually work your way up to more solid foods. French fries are good cause they can hold on to them. You can even get the kind you can bake and they aren't as bad for them that way. Not tons of grease. Hope this helps and doesn't confuse.
    lovinmomto3

Answer by lovinmomto3 at 7:34 AM on Nov. 18, 2008

• About the water you can try one 4 oz bottle a day probably won't like it but, he'll get used to it. And work your way up from there.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 8:21 AM on Nov. 18, 2008

• I started my daughter on solid stage one foods at 3 1/2 months, She is now 9 months and is getting into the stage three's and has "NO" teeth. She is VERY good at gumming it! I also give her bitter biscuits, yogurt puffs and Little puffs. My doctor told me to introduce what ever I wanted but watch for allergic reactions. She even eats dried strawberry,Banana mixes. I was told the more you introduce at a young age the less your child will be allergic to and the less picky your child will be when they grow up! The water is a good thing and I give my daughter a sippy cup at every meal,Doc told me that she gets plenty of water from her foods and 3 8oz bottles she gets a day! yes I would definitely start brushing his teeth, you want him to learn to take care of his teeth early!!
    RedneckMommy88

Answer by RedneckMommy88 at 1:49 PM on Nov. 18, 2008