What if Gays and Lesbians formed their own church and developed their own belief system?

This is a Hypothetical:

SO, if they set up their own "unity church" that was full of free worship, Would then then have Religious protection under the Constitution?

Would they then be able to get married in their own church?

I think more people would be willing to have voted for a church asking for civil union if it means they are not required to go against their belief system for fear of losing their Tax Exempt status.

I understand Gays and Lesbians are of different religions, but this would be an opportunity for them to show their unity and tolerance to the WORLD. Open a House of Worship that encourages Free thought, free beliefs, and set up a church doctrine that gets them the opportunity to legally have the social and civil rights they deserve.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:58 AM on Nov. 18, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• This is NOT a matter of the bible. We are a Nation of Freedom of Religion. Not every Religion relys on the bible.
    I am a Christian Conservative, but I don't expect all others to hold my religious beliefs.
    So, I say if they did this, I would be all for it.

I think other churches would actually be on board because it would lessen the chances of them having to hold a ceremony/service for a union that is against their beliefs, but they can't discriminate against anothers' views.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 9:12 AM on Nov. 18, 2008

• continued Would this make the seperation of church and state even more complicated?

What are your thoughts?

This has turned into a "Seperation of Church and State" issue

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:59 AM on Nov. 18, 2008

• Gays & lesbians are not of different faith.
    Just of differeance who they love.
    They may want this option to feel welcomed into faith that should not be judged ,except by God.
    However,i bet they would welcome anybody that would be the doffereance !
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:30 AM on Nov. 18, 2008

• No, by different faiths, I am reffering to gays can be of Jewish, Christian, Buddhist faiths, etc.... They are diverse in their religious affiliations. But who is to say they couldn't start a House of Free Thought and Free Beliefs and Open Tolerance.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:35 AM on Nov. 18, 2008

• That's the best idea I have heard so far since people seem to see this as such a threat and want to judge and hurt in the name of Christianity

Angie430

Answer by Angie430 at 8:41 AM on Nov. 18, 2008

• I don't know why these people have not yet done this. Starting their own religious group seems to be exactly what they should do.
    Jennifer875

Answer by Jennifer875 at 8:44 AM on Nov. 18, 2008

• I would say that it's yet another man-made religion...one that doesn't hold true to the Bible.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:51 AM on Nov. 18, 2008

• I always thought that the bible itself was written, edited, printed etc. by humans!
    Jennifer875

Answer by Jennifer875 at 9:01 AM on Nov. 18, 2008

• I think that they could probably do that, but they would still not be legally married. Church and state would still be separate entities.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 9:20 AM on Nov. 18, 2008

• Yes nanny, but I think that churches and their congregation would be more open to the vote, IF they didn't feel their church might be placed in a position of scrutiny and investigation.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:21 AM on Nov. 18, 2008