Bedwetting for kids in elementary school solutions?

I feel terrible cutting off drinks after supper when even I want to drink something and waking kids up in the middle of the night is awful on them. Is there any other way?

BellaKristy

Asked by BellaKristy at 2:27 AM on Feb. 16, 2011 in Tweens (9-12)

• I have a child who wet the bed nightly (often several times) until he was 8 years old. I just invested in a couple pair of washable, waterproof underwear and used a waterproof sheet protector to minimize the laundry. Definitely take a no big deal approach.
    Washable, waterproof underwear http://astore.amazon.com/bravandgrac-20?_encoding=UTF8&node=8
    The washable waterproof underwear are great for an older child.

If your child shows signs of losing self esteem, then I truly recommend using a bedwetting alarm. My son used it at age 8 and learned to stay dry in about 6 weeks. He never had another wet night. And honestly, its not that hard to use. Your child learns what to do, and its literally only 3 minutes out of the whole night. But the joy on your child's face when he realizes he has learned to stay dry is the best! Get the book Prince Bravery and Grace -Attack of the Wet Knights wwwbraveryandgrace.com
    megan-amom

Answer by megan-amom at 7:10 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• My niece took a prescription nasal spray to help with this once she was around 9 or so. Ask your doctor about it. GL
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:30 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• i have the same problem with my 6 year old son. i have asked the doctor about pills and she said that they will just grow out of it. my nephew had to take pill at the age of 11. I would just suggest dealing with it. buy a latex full bed cover ( you put the entire pattress in the cover and zip it is 6.98 at walmart ) and buy night time special pants. hope this helps
    mamaprincess001

Answer by mamaprincess001 at 1:25 PM on Feb. 16, 2011