Whats the best way to get pregnant after a miscarrige???

i just had one and me n my husband wanna try again but we dont kno if we should wait or not

ambie1992

Asked by ambie1992 at 2:45 AM on Feb. 16, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• I had a miscarriage January 6th. I've done TONS of research on this subject because we also wanted to TTC right away.

EVERYTHING I've found says that if you had a first trimester loss, particularly before the 8th week, there is NO REASON to wait to TTC.

Most doctor's and midwives will probably tell you to wait 1-2 cycle but most will also probably tell you that the main reason is for dating purposes.

There are really NO PHYSICAL reasons that you need to wait.

miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 2:56 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• Also charting is very helpful for determining when you are fertile.
    miasmommy21407

• I had one that was pretty bad 4 years ago and I had to go on bc to stop the bleeding. The dr said I had to wait til I had 2 normal periods. I did that and then got pregnant on the first try. From what I understand, you are more likely to get pregnant following a miscarriage. I think if you are not bleeding anymore its probably ok to ttc but should ask your dr to be on the safe side.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 3:06 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• Doctors usually ask you to wait one cycle. You are most fertile following a miscarriage and if you are ready to try again go for it.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 2:47 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• I miscarried again in January with a first trimester loss (as was the case with our first m/c last June) and it was a natural m/c not requiring a D & C like the first and I saw my Nurse Practitioner about a week after my loss and she told me that we could try right away. Although we did not get pregnant yet and I have had my first cycle since the m/c, I have been charting again and fortunately nothing seems to be changed with my cycle which is encouraging. I hope that you are able to see a pattern as well with your cycles so that you can time your BDing accordingly and be able to get pregnant again one day with a healthy, term baby!
    miraclewaits

Answer by miraclewaits at 3:29 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• I waited 3 cycles after my miscarriage, then started to try & 3 months later got pregnant I'm now 7 weeks & 2 days pregnant & so far everything looks good, I would say wait just a little bit (which I know it's hard to wait) but you give your body time to recuperate & also it's good to recuperate some emotionally. Also you can see if your cycles are back to normal so when you get pregnant again they can tell how far along you are with your LMP. Sending Baby Dust your way!!!

baby dust

VanillaBlondie8

Answer by VanillaBlondie8 at 11:56 AM on Feb. 18, 2011