What stage 1 foods did everyone start with??

falanlee

Asked by falanlee at 7:09 AM on Nov. 18, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son had a taste of pureed zucchini around 7 and a half months. Wasn't too interested in it. Did not start eating solids consistantly until around 10 mos.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 7:45 AM on Nov. 18, 2008

• my baby girl started when she is 5 months old. Her first food is Mixed Veggies.. NO sweets until she turns 1 yr old her first birthday. she will not get sweets until she turns 5 yr old. she get sweets once a month. after she turns 5.
    rachtrin

Answer by rachtrin at 8:08 AM on Nov. 18, 2008

• actually my daughter started at like two months on the jarred cereal cuz she wouldn't eat the boxed stuff that you mixed with formula and then we tried some fruits and she didn't like those either. so she started on whatever vegetables i could get her to eat (which turned out to be all of them)at like 4 or 5 mos. and by like 7mos. she was eating whatever we had for dinner whatever veggie we had i would mash it up and she would have potatoes still no fruit she won't eat it so i buy the fruit bars that they have out from gerber and she loves them
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 8:25 AM on Nov. 18, 2008

• I started with bananas. Make sure you feed them the same food for 3 days to make sure there is no allergic reaction to any of them. I did the fruits first. Will start veggies at 5 months.
    Amanda704

Answer by Amanda704 at 11:14 AM on Nov. 18, 2008

• Started my daughter on them ALL at 3 1/2 months. I made sure to introduce new foods quite often! She is a little chow hound now and not picky at all!
    RedneckMommy88

Answer by RedneckMommy88 at 1:39 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• Started with Veggies for the first few weeks ( around 4 1/2 months old). In the beginning I only gave my son half a Gerber container a day. Then worked our way up. I little bit more each week. He enjoys everything now. He's 8 months today :) We are up to 2 and a half to 3~ 2nd stage jars And one to 2 small bowls of cereal a day (Plus formula). Once your baby is used to the baby food as being part of their diet, try as many different flavors that you can find. I buy Gerber, Beechnut & Del Monte. The more things you have them try, the less likely they'll be a pick eater as a child!
    T.Beannie77

Answer by T.Beannie77 at 3:02 PM on Nov. 18, 2008