What would you do if your boyfriend did this?

My boyfriend lives in Dallas Texas. EVERY single weekend he calls me drunk out of his mind making no sense, sometimes just saying nothing at all, and if I don't answer he calls 20 or 30 times in a night. I always put my phone on vibrate at night and obviously I'm a light sleeper and it wakes me up anyway. Then in the morning I find all of these texts like, why arent you answering? Then finally he'll be like fine whatever, bye. I HATE this crap! When I go off on him the next day about it he has absolutely no memory of it ever happening!

proudmom2510

Asked by proudmom2510 at 3:03 AM on Feb. 16, 2011 in Relationships

• I would dump him. Do you really see a future with an alcoholic? Do you want your kid(s) around and in care of a drunk? Such a dangerous thing and a bad influence.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 3:12 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• it sounds like he cannot control his liquor. he must drink a whole lot to not even remember the next day. maybe you should reevaluate things.
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 3:05 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• Tell him what is bothering you and if he continues, then turn the cell phone off before you go to bed and let him know about it before you do it.

sexyfancyface

Answer by sexyfancyface at 3:07 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• Turn off the phone at night?
    gou18

Answer by gou18 at 3:09 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• I would probably tell him to stop drinking to the point of blacking out!! Especially every weekend!!! My husband did that to me one time in college. Called me at 530 in the morning hung over and thought I would care that he was sick! HAHA! I talked to him but had a nice long talk the next time I saw him.
    ILoveCade

Answer by ILoveCade at 3:09 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• Well the good thing is he doesn't drink when he visits. If he does drink he goes over to his cousn's house (which is my daughter's family) He is Mexican and I don't know if Hispanics are worse drinkers than Americans or if they are all that way but any Mexican I have been around always has a beer in their hand...
    proudmom2510

Comment by proudmom2510 (original poster) at 3:15 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• Personally, I wouldn't stay with a man like that. But if you're going to stay, turn your phone off and let him know it will be off from now on. does he know how dangerous it is to drink that heavily every weekend?! He could literally DIE one of these weekends. Alcohol poisoning is no joke.
    pixiestix21

Answer by pixiestix21 at 4:12 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• I wouldn't be able to deal with that. Even if it's once a week the man is an alcholic. You don't need to be drunk every day to have a problem with. He is missing time in his life because he drinks himself into oblivion this isn't a responsible adult certainly not one you want to raise kids with. Talk to your friends or read these boards, the spouse of an alcholic isn't a role you want to live. Sure in the begining its just him having a good time, things will change when it affects everything you do. If you love him please convince him to get help, don't pick up the phone and find a guy that knows how to have fun without drinking his brains out. Best wishes.
    chgomom

Answer by chgomom at 4:32 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• just ignore the calls and text them. if he doesnt remember no harm no foul. but on the bright side atleast hes calling you and not some houchy mama lol :)
    shellychivell

Answer by shellychivell at 5:23 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• I would dump him.
    notjstasocermom

Answer by notjstasocermom at 7:56 AM on Feb. 16, 2011