HAve you ever thought of leaving your husband but just couldn't do it?

What made you stay? Wanna share your story? Here's mine: I'm not sure if it would be THE thing to finally make me happy. There's also shame involved because he's very very ill. And of course our daughter, who loves her dad to bits. We're good (no fighting or things like that), but I feel like I'm stuck here for them and don't live my life to the best of my ability. At the same time I have no clue what else to do, to become. It's hard to get out of the comfort zone.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:38 AM on Feb. 16, 2011 in Relationships

• Honestly yes but for different reasons.
    notjstasocermom

Answer by notjstasocermom at 7:56 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• I'm so sorry he's sick hun.
    I thought about leaving a few months ago. I had finally went back to work. I was working 40 hrs minimum, taking care of 3 kids and the house. Along with all the grocery shopping and cooking. We don't have a car so even simple stuff like buying a gallon of milk could take 45 minutes or more so needless to say I was getting behind in the house work and getting no help. All I would get would be criticized for not being good enough to get it all done. I finally decided that I needed to quit so I could save my marriage and be a mom to my kids.
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 4:56 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• I did leave my first husband.... but married again and I'm very happy!

First go around.... he became VERY distant.... it finally came out that he didnt know if he loved me anymore and didnt know if he still wanted to be married. For over a year and a half, I fought.... did little things ALL THE TIME to hopefully make himself realize that with me is where he belonged. I fought so long and so hard and it got me no where.... I think it then became convincing myself that I deserved better.

Ask yourself if you think you're just in a rut.... If you still truly love your husband..... and if the answers are yes to both..... DO something different. Make a change. Spice things up, take things into your own hands, do the little things that you once did in the beginning to remind yourself of that love.

good luck!
    MrsDAP

Answer by MrsDAP at 7:34 AM on Feb. 16, 2011