What do u think about a man using a coupon at the restaurant on your 1st date ?

gwen20

Asked by gwen20 at 4:00 AM on Feb. 16, 2011 in Relationships

• To me it would be a sign that he is frugal and smart. I would watch for signs that he is not cheap though. And if I was really liking him otherwise I would always keep our monies separate if we married. He can do what he wants with his and vice versa. Plus we could contribute to a joint account for all our joint expenses (anything having to do with the house, utilities, vacations, etc). I heard a financial advisor recommend this to all couples actually. So, it wouldn't be a deal breaker for me if I liked him otherwise.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 6:41 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• Wow haha! Being frugal is a great thing, but not on a first date!
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 4:04 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• It either leaves him with more money to spend on the next date or it makes it possible for the date to happen at all. How are those a bad thing?
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 4:52 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• i wouldnt have an issue with that as long as it wasnt a fast food coupon then hes just cheap. i mean that tells me he is a saver and knows whats important and is working/saving towards that.
    shellychivell

Answer by shellychivell at 5:15 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• I had a guy like that now he turned out to just be cheap he had money but he did not ever want to spend it on anything. maybe yours is just frugal.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 7:58 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• Being frugal is great....but not a great way to impress a lady.
    2boysnaprincess

Answer by 2boysnaprincess at 10:18 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• Depends on the coupon. Buy one get one free? Save $4. How old ya'll are. Was he married before? Maybe he's saving up for your engagement ring, LOL.
    mom37of2

Answer by mom37of2 at 4:13 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• I don't think I have an issue with it if I can order what I like. I'd have to say it wouldn't be a deal breaker though I would be cautious after that.
    chgomom

Answer by chgomom at 4:39 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• I don't think it's a big deal. I wouldn't blame him for wanting to save money. Then again, I'm not too concerned with making a social faux pas.
    AlphaSmart

Answer by AlphaSmart at 4:50 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• Nothing really, so he likes to save a few bucks.
    virgo550

Answer by virgo550 at 5:25 AM on Feb. 16, 2011