Need your help please

I feel so bad, I am pregnant with baby number one! and total suprise the problem I SMOKE! and I cant quite! I dont know how, when I stopped at 4 weeks along I almost got fired because the nicotine fits were so bad that I snapped really bad at my resadents (I work at an old folks home) I dont know what to do. I cry when I smoke but I cant take the withdrals!

What can I do! please dont bash, I cry enough

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:45 AM on Feb. 16, 2011 in Health

• There's programs that you can do. If you go to your local health department they should be able to help you. Whether it's getting you the patch or teaching you coping techniques. My DH used physical activity (which you can do when pregnant) like swimming and he would chew cinnamon gum.
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 4:48 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• Have you considered hypnosis? It's really effective, totally safe for pregnancy, and worth every penny if it can get you to stop. It will help keep the cravings down and give you great coping techniques. Good luck!!!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 4:57 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• even if none of those techniques work for you. smoking can cause problems for your kids but i smoked on and off thrugh my pregancy. and he turned normal as normal comes for a 2 year old boy. i felt bad to but just make sure you ta ke your vitamins and eat more healthy if you cant quit. it doesnt mean your a horrible mom.
    shellychivell

Answer by shellychivell at 5:13 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• I know how terrible you feel, I went through the same thing! It sounds like the patches would ne a good thing for you to try,at least you'd be getting the nicotine your body craves and yourcan gradually do the "step down" teqniques. I never did stop and when my kids were born, I know they went through withdraws! They cried a lot and didn't sleep good at all! So,do your best but don't beat yourself up over this, your already a good mom cause you care and your trying! good luck!
    anichols1

Answer by anichols1 at 6:06 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• Do your best to cut down 1 a day. I smoked too and my dr said that the withdraw that I would go through could effect the baby. So do your best to cut down as much as poss. I went from a pack a day to about 5 while pregnant. Some days less. GL!
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 7:16 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• You can also try an electronic cigarette with low niccotine. That way you get some but not as much and no actual harmful smoke and chemicals. Its a a start
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 7:17 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• i know how you are feeling, i cry too. Exactly the same. If you want some friendly support (or want to know more about what it's like as you get further into the pregnancy) then feel free to contact me. Nobody understands this.
    KandiShelley

Answer by KandiShelley at 4:02 PM on Feb. 23, 2011