Why is it some men cannot take jokes but they sure can dish it out?(vent and stressed out already and it is 5 in the morning)

I have noticed my hubby can dish out jokes but when i do it there are times he gets very defensive. this morning i was in bed asleep and i got awoken to screaming all the way from other side of house. it seems my mom was joking with him and he could not take it and got hateful with her. She started screaming and using the F word which my mom never used to say ever. I am like oh heck my kids are going to be woke up luckily no. but my mom said he looked like he could hit her. I am like he ever hits anyone he will be in serious trouble. I know my mom can be sensitive to but geeze. I cannot wait until i can get out of here. i do not know how much more i can take.

WildCat73

Asked by WildCat73 at 5:43 AM on Feb. 16, 2011 in Relationships

• same reason women can't

I know an insecure lady that takes offense at everything her DH says when she's in one of her moods.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 6:12 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• My husband is the same why he can dish it out but when I say something he tells me that's not funny. Butwhen he does it I look at him and tell him your not funny so stop trying to be a comedian leave the jokes to them. Hopefully things will get better for u.
    AJMcGuire

Answer by AJMcGuire at 6:46 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• Sorry, but mine is great at both. I think the first answer is probably what you are looking for.
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 7:27 AM on Feb. 16, 2011