Does anyone know what really works to get rid of worts?

my daughter has used the medicated band-aides but it comes back later even bigger!

anichols1

Asked by anichols1 at 6:21 AM on Feb. 16, 2011 in Health

• It sounds strange but duct tape actually works. I had one that imbedded itself in my foot and after having it frozen twice, burned once, and a remedy of salicylic acid for one week, it still did not go away. I turned to the internet, read about the duct tape method, tried it and it was gone in a matter of days. Also, you can try to up your daughter's immune system (warts are viruses, after all) by having her take plenty of vitamin C (it's water-soluble so you don't have to worry about toxicity and it's a natural antiviral) and probiotics (or plenty of yogurt and/or keifer).
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:20 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• I have heard of putting duct tape on it . It supposedly suffocates it. You only need enough to cover the entire wart.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 6:31 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• One of my children had to have it frozen off at the hospital.
    leah_rai

Answer by leah_rai at 6:43 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• Warts hate oxygen & cannot survive in high oxygen conditions. Use some hydrogen peroxide (liquid oxygen) soak a small cloth with it & tape it on the wart. The wart will begin to turn white, this means it's slowly dying.

Garlic works too, slice a piece of garlic & tape it on the wart. Change the piece of fresh garlic daily though.

Vinegar works too because it kills fungus's. Soak a piece of cloth & tape it over with a band aid.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 7:23 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• Thanks ladies, this is all very helpful!
    anichols1

Comment by anichols1 (original poster) at 7:26 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• I have heard that duct tape works. But worts are a virus and can keep coming back. Talk to the ped.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 7:34 AM on Feb. 16, 2011