Do you like writing letters?

I'm not always in the mood, but if I am, I find it a special treat for myself. Slows down my thoughts in times of rush.

BeachMom81

Asked by BeachMom81 at 6:44 AM on Feb. 16, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I love writing letters, I write to my Grammy about twice a week. She loves the mail, and you're right, I slow down and think about what I'm writing.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 6:47 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• I love it, I often use this as therapy to gather my thoughts, I keep a journal, been doing so for years, only to be read by my family when I die, there, I let it all out good or bad, it is a tremendous tool for emotional release, even if no one reads it.

Answer by older at 7:44 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• Older; I agree. I have journals that I kept for two years, throughout my divorce and starting on my new life. Incredibly therapeutic. I don't know that anyone will ever read them, but I swear journalism saved my sanity.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 7:52 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• No, I do not . I have a hard time, I tend to get ahead of myself and leave something out. I would love to be able to write lovely flowing letters.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 6:51 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• I love writing letters and journals. I have read through the journals I kept growing up many times. Mom was handicapped and then passed when I was a teen. I read some of those journals and am amazed at how I handled things.

tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 7:57 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• Definitely, though I haven't done one in years. When I was studying in Europe, I'd sit down and write 4-10 pages of letter on unlined paper, and get some back, too. Apparently, they were pretty good.

Pictures of the people and society around me, interesting facts from my classes, thoughts and feelings, silly poems, jokes, book reviews... memories of times we had spent together.... stories I'd make up-- whatever came to mind. I know people kept them for years and vice-versa. Such a pleasure!

I used to write emails kind of like that too, but even in grad school, we didn't have proper email access in Europe. So that was mostly in the US, to people in Europe or elsewhere in the US.
    Tracys2

Answer by Tracys2 at 8:42 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• yes~!
    momaholly

Answer by momaholly at 9:07 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• hell yeah!!! i used to have so many pen pals, then this dam COMPUTER CAME OUT!, noone writes no more!!!!!!
    gardenchic

Answer by gardenchic at 9:08 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• sometimes
    Amanda11810

Answer by Amanda11810 at 10:33 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• Love to, but I have no one to write to :(
    cecyh9

Answer by cecyh9 at 2:40 AM on Feb. 19, 2011