Teeth ?

How do you feel about your man having bad teeth and maybe someday having fake teeth? Does it bother you. Have you experienced it. My boyfriends are bad and will lose them all, he is only 43. I know I wont leave him over it but worried what he will look like with out teeth.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:20 AM on Feb. 16, 2011 in Relationships

• I honestly think it depends if they are clean and taken care of it probably wouldn't bother me as much, but if it's poor hygiene??? It would.. It would just lead me to wonder what ELSE he has been neglecting.. lol..
    peekab00

Answer by peekab00 at 7:25 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• Does he ever go to the dentist? They r pain free!!!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 7:27 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• My DH has great teeth. Although, he has a chipped tooth. About a year ago, he was eating a burger & the mold, or filling (whatever it is) came out & there was his shiny chipped tooth glaring at me. It's right on his front tooth too. Luckily, he is still a handsome devil. He's not super interested in getting it fixed, which bothers me. He said "If i was single & looking, I'd have to fix it....but i am not"

WTH! He won't fix it for me, but he'd fix it if he was single? OK! I can't tell him i think he looks like a red-neck, i don't want to hurt his feelings.

Other than that, his teeth are super white & healthy. He's pretty anal about his teeth & their cleanliness. I could never be with a guy who has nasty teeth. And if he got nasty teeth, yeah....we'd be throwing down $ for some veneers or something.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 7:29 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• He will look like a gummy old man. But if you love him, you can get beyond it.

Search around dentistry can do wonders and they may be able to save his teeth. Some of the Universities have dentistry programs and you can get the work done at a reasonable price. It is time consuming. Also if you travel out of the country, the cost of dentists are considerably cheaper. I had work done in Costa Rica by a dentist that graduated from dentistry scool in Boston. Search and research before he takes a permanent step.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 7:29 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• I also got a crown in Brazil for $200 when I was quoted $800 here.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 7:31 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• My ex had "soft theeth". No matter what he did they broke and fell out. His mom has the same prob and had her teeth removed for dentures at just 23. Its a very hard decision to make and an embarassing one too. If its gonna help hubby then you'll get used to it. GL!
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 7:38 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• And to keep the mystery and romance alive Id tell him to wear them at all times when youre together. Dont let him take them out in front of you. Act as if it doesnt exist
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 7:39 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• It depends.  If the problem is caused by neglect and a lack of hygiene, then I would never have become involved with a man like that. 

Tootoobusy, I can beat you lol.   I paid $400 for 11 crowns.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:41 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• He takes great care of his teeth.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:46 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• I'm sorry to say, but there is no such thing as "soft teeth". If a dentist told him that, then he was a shitty dentist Steph. I bet he snacks a lot during the day, or drinks soda....or he could have constant dry mouth (saliva helps keep our teeth from decaying). Even if he takes great care of his teeth, those things can certainly ruin your teeth.

There are certain problems that can cause teeth to decay quicker, but soft teeth is not one of them. Look it up, there is no such thing.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 8:01 AM on Feb. 16, 2011