Need advice Quickly..Please

I have had 2 interviews for one great job that I applied for!

I am waiting for the call to see if I got the position
I also am supposed to have an interview today for a 6 week contracted job, but my daughter who is 10 has three days off next week, my mom would normally watch her but she is out of town!
If I take this job I might get the call saying i I got the other one, and would be stuck in this contract.

Should I go to the interview today or hold off?

I am very confused, I dont wanna blow off the job I really want, but if they don't call I will have missed out on this oppertunity and experience, I am a medical Assistant who just graduated with my associates, but still remember no one will be able to watch my daughter three days next week if I go and get this temp Position, Please help me any advice would be great, Thanks

mandycane06

Asked by mandycane06 at 7:55 AM on Nov. 18, 2008 in Money & Work

• I would go on the interview. Just because you go doesn't mean you have to do the job. If the contract one you go to today comes back and says we want you and so does the other job then you get to choose. If you don't go and no one calls you have nothing but what have you lost from going? GOOD LUCK!!!
    rocamom

Answer by rocamom at 8:06 AM on Nov. 18, 2008

• If you interview for the contracting job will you have to commit today? I would go and try and get the job, you may not hear back from the other job and atleast you will have some type of work. Call family and friends or your daughters friends parents and ask if your daughter can stay with them while they are out of school or call and see if they have a day care that can watch her for those 3 days. Don't pass up on this job you may not get another chance, good luck I will be praying for you
    tjones2678

Answer by tjones2678 at 8:33 AM on Nov. 18, 2008

• Go to the interview, if you are offered the contracting job, you can simply tell them you need to make daycare arrangements for your daughter and you will call them as soon as the arrangements are made. Then call the first job and thank them for interviewing you and tell them how interested you are in the job (this is something you should have already done, but if you didn't it will work perfectly for your situation). Ask them if they know when they will have a decision because you have been offered a contracted position with another company, but would much rather work for them. When you interview for a job it is always best to make a phone call a few days afterward to thank them for the opportunity to meet with them. They probably have a lot of candidates and your call will put you back into the forefront of their memory. continued...
    chickadee8654

Answer by chickadee8654 at 10:05 AM on Nov. 18, 2008

• ...Just remember, one call is all you make, don't bombard them with calls, it leaves a bad impression. I dealt with this first hand as the assistant to the hiring manager at a company... Another tip is to be nice to the receptionist, or office manager that you check in with when you go in for the appointment. Chances are the hiring manager consults her for her opionion too!! Good Luck.
    chickadee8654

Answer by chickadee8654 at 10:06 AM on Nov. 18, 2008