HUGE black ants!!!!

GROSS... they make me feel like a dirt bag... I cant figure out where ther are comming from I have cleaned out the pantry behind the stove and fridge and they are still living in my house! Any ideas on what to do?

rebeccadac

Asked by rebeccadac at 8:35 AM on Feb. 16, 2011 in Home & Garden

• Ants are very tough to eradicate. If they are big, they could be carpenter ants. I had a huge problem last spring. I did research online to see how I can kill the colony. I went to Home Depot and bought these plastic traps that had liquid. Put them where you see the ants. I also bought an all natural spray, it contained peppermint oil (Im not sure???) I sprayed that in my cellar along the edge of the wall. Also, I put traps out side along the edge of the house. I had to do all this twice! They have been gone for almost a year :)

Linda1012

Answer by Linda1012 at 8:48 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• Do you have trees close to your house? They can come off the trees and come in off your roof.
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 8:36 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• We used to get big ,black,disgusting flying ants!!! I would use boiling hot water and use a spray bottle or pour it on them!!!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 8:41 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• Terro! They take it back to their colony and it kills them all off. We had them BAD when we first moved in our house. They are carpenter ants and they will tear up your house since the burrow into wood.
    Shaylyn318

Answer by Shaylyn318 at 10:29 AM on Feb. 16, 2011