Anyone have pet bunny? are they good pet?

gardenchic

Asked by gardenchic at 9:01 AM on Feb. 16, 2011 in Pets

• bunnies make great pets! they are gentle and very smart (they can do tricks) but they need regular exercise outside of their hutch and fresh veggies and fruits everyday so they don't get scurvy. i would say they're pretty easy to care for though (but don't get a long hair one if you don't want to brush it every day)
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:04 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• I had one as a teenager. I HATED it!!!! My brother had some for his kids and they love them.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 9:07 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• and i want a long haired one,, sigh,,,,,
    gardenchic

Comment by gardenchic (original poster) at 9:07 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• I used to. I think its a crap shoot (no pun intended). I had one bunny who was pretty awesome as a pet. He wasnt all that dirty and would actually allow us to handle him alot. He died though (long story but I think my ex killed him never had the proof though). He was a lop eared long hair rabbit. We replaced him with a white rabbit with short ears and not a long coat. That bunny was pure evil. We ended up getting rid of him. He didnt like being handled, he would bite, he pooped everywhere.

Answer by gemgem at 9:08 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• We had one. It was easy to take care of, and they can be housetrained.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 9:20 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• I had one as a kid and it was a great pet, until my parents got the bright idea to start breeding rabbits to sell and then it became a lot of work.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 10:04 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• I've had lots of rabbits. They are a big pain in the ass personally. They stink, chew, and aren't very cuddly when they get older. Maybe they just weren't my forte. lol
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:29 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• If you are prepared for all they entail they are great pets. You have to get them from baby and handle them frequently or they may get aggressive when they're older. It's important to get them comfortable with necessary grooming positions (laying on their back while you play with their feet, etc) at an early age. They do have a rigorous diet and at least 4 hours out of the cage a day. They are high maintenance and not good for small children (because they're fragile) but they're very rewarding for the time you put in. I've owned three in my life time. I advise getting a male. They're more affectionate. :)
    MamaStuart

Answer by MamaStuart at 12:11 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• ive had a bunnny before and they are good pets just make sure to clean their cage ever single day and take them outside alot besides that they are great pets
    AliciaLamoreux

Answer by AliciaLamoreux at 6:35 PM on Feb. 23, 2011