How do you feel about long distance relationships?

Good? Bad? Unsure?

Mommyto2LilMen

Asked by Mommyto2LilMen at 9:10 AM on Feb. 16, 2011 in Relationships

• me and hubby were in one while dating and a year and a half after we got married. it was ok, but you miss them alot.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:11 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• Difficult, you gotta trust them a ton.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 9:12 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• I dont think they work unless there is a plan in place where you will eventually be together long term. My husband and I lived a state apart, which really isnt all that far, but after a few months it was too much and we broke up. We obviously got back together but we both knew one of us was going to have to make the compromise to move. I made it. Otherwise, I dont think we would have made it together.

Answer by gemgem at 9:12 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• They do not usually work!

Answer by older at 9:14 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• I have only witnessed one. It did not work.
    Momxoxoxo

Answer by Momxoxoxo at 9:20 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• I've done it, never worked for me. I know people that have tried it. It's so much work and you gotta trust and you can give and give and still it doesn't happen. I won't say impossible, however, I wouldn't put all my chicken into that basket. Good Luck!
    chgomom

Answer by chgomom at 9:24 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• I've done it but it worked for me.  I became involved with a man who lived in England while I was living in Canada.  Ten months later I was living in England, two years after that we got married and this July we will be celebrating 23 very happy years.

Love is fickle and there are no guarantees but "Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all".  Alfred Lord Tennyson.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 10:12 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• I think it all depends upon the circumstances and the people involved. It depends on why there is distance, what the plan is for eventually bridging that distance, and so many things. There is no doubt it is hard but there are many ways to communicate and keep in touch thanks to technology. I guess you need to assess what the long term goal is for this relationship and decide where you both see it going and decide if it works for both of you.
    2boysnaprincess

Answer by 2boysnaprincess at 10:13 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• I had one as a teen. It worked out really well for us at that time. We dated for 3 years, seeing each other just once or twice a month most of the time. Some holidays I would go stay with his family and he would spend nights at a family friend's home. We talked on the phone twice a week and wrote letters. I have good memories from those days, though it all ended rather badly and heartbreak-y. The distance isn't what killed us though.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 10:19 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• Unsure. i agree with a lot of trust. its not like you can sense that your long distance relationship is like your spouse and you KNOW whats going on if they were to cheat or anything, they could say they are sitting at home but they really wouldnt be. Sometimes people dont know who the other is like until they move in with each other, you can either be sick of them living with you or get along better when they are not living with you.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 10:44 AM on Feb. 16, 2011