Death Penalty Statistics and Facts. A little help ladies.

I need to write this paper and it asks for:

The Statistics on Men ( race included ) vs Women ( race included ) on Death Row or Have Been Executed.

I. Men
II. Women
III. Children

This is how it was outlined. However my teacher says to just pick one. Men, Women or children and the info by race.

The problem I am having is finding information on the # of people executed in the last year or 2 by race in the US.

If any of you know where I can find this info I would be very grateful.

Thank you for any help whatesoever.

4xsthetrouble

Asked by 4xsthetrouble at 9:38 AM on Feb. 16, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Google is wonderful.  this might help http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/executions

SuperChicken

Answer by SuperChicken at 11:40 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• Do you have to do the whole country or just one state?

I imagine you could go to a pro-life or pro-penalty website and find out who's been executed. Or search google. I just got this link for Georgia...
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_individuals_executed_in_Georgia_%28U.S._state%29
    angelm523

Answer by angelm523 at 10:14 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• Maybe start by googling the stats by state...some states my have it posted along with national stats
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 10:13 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• Maybe just maybe you can call the local prison. Or state prison, maybe u can get a nice person who will direct u. Good luck.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 10:22 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• frustratedThank you ladies... She wants the entire US. I have the amount for last year 46. However I cannot narrow down the amount of men vs women. She gave this to me YESTERDAY. I have been up and googling like crazy since. I haven't slept and it's due tomorrow. 

4xsthetrouble

Comment by 4xsthetrouble (original poster) at 10:19 AM on Feb. 16, 2011