Is there LIFE

I am 42 been a stay at home mom, Went to college for a bit no degree tho. Work for a few months. Feeling at my age why start something when my life is almost over. Is it to late to start something new? Why do i feel this way? I dont think I ever been completely happy in my life or what I have done. What can I do to change it? Got a supportive boyfriend and friends, just confused why I feel this way or how to make myself happy.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:41 AM on Feb. 16, 2011 in Relationships

• 42 is not old!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! heck I am 61 and don't feel old!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!your life is by no means over, do whatever you want but do not discard yourself as over ever. Counseling might help.

Answer by older at 9:43 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• Well your life is far from over unless you have a disease or something. I turn 40 this year and have really never felt better. I have been a SAHM 85% of the time in the last 22 yrs. Maybe you should look into things to gain some experience? I recently applied and am going for training to be a Guardian at Litem. Its all volunteer work, and you become an officer of the court and speak for children who have had a judge appoint someone to their cases in family and juvenile court. I am doing it because I want to get into social services, and I figure this is a good experience and networking type of thing to do. You probably just need to get out there meet other moms the same age. I do Yoga, walk with other moms, volunteer at sport events and things like that. It keeps me feeling pretty good.

Answer by gemgem at 9:44 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• It is never too late in life. Anyone sucessful evolves to except changes in life. You are not too old and you should find something you enjoy. Get out there and be the person you were meant to be. None of us were born to sit home and wonder what life should have been. I recently heard a woman went to beauty school at age 61 she graduated and by 63 opened a salon. There are tons of examples like this. Good Luck.
    chgomom

Answer by chgomom at 9:45 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• You need to find your passion for life again.
    zebbiebug

Answer by zebbiebug at 9:53 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• Zebbiebug, I agree but not sure how. We live in a small town, but I will see what opinions are out there. I am seeing a counselor. Thanks
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:57 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• You can always go back to school, lots of people do, especially in a small town. I am going back to school and will have my Bachelors degree at the end of this year and I am only a few years younger than you. I took a lengthy hiatus. You can accomplish what you set your mind to. Don't limit yourself based on your location. I too live in a small town, you either make it work for you or you work around it. The internet offers a lot more opportunities than you realize for school and careers! Good luck and I hope you find yourself!
    2boysnaprincess

Answer by 2boysnaprincess at 10:05 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• 42 is truly just barely middle age. And if you stay active and healthy you could easily live more than 42 year longer. You are a baby in the second half of your live. Go after what you want. Don't let anything or anyone stop you. Make lists of your goals. Find new interests. Reach out to new friends. Look for people that have what you want and befriend them. Join groups. Go back to school. Fill yourself with your new life.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 10:09 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• Saint John's Wart... unless you are on birth control (it will make it, even my depo shot not just the pill, as if you had none)... but I until I found out from my doctor called it my "happy pill"
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 10:19 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• My mom recently went back to college at 50 years old! So life is definitely not 'over' for you. Also, it sounds like you may be suffering from depression. A good therapist or even some medication might help you.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 10:22 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• I'm 41 and been a sahm most of the last 23 years, I also live in a tiny town .. I do feel like sometimes I get in a rut then I volunteer with some women who are in their 60's and they are so active and full of life it just makes me realize life is just beginning and going back to school would be a good idea...only if I could figure out what classes to take and it would have to be online.. Life begins at 40 and yes there will be "ruts" and that can just be chalked up to changing hormones, lol,
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 12:19 PM on Feb. 16, 2011