Iraqi: I'm proud my WMD lies led to war in Iraq Thoughts?

I didn't see anything posted about this so sorry if it's a repeat.

Link text

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 9:52 AM on Feb. 16, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Not so surprising.
    zebbiebug

Answer by zebbiebug at 9:56 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• I don't know his reasons for lying, if he'd seen his people and family who were close to him suffering then I can see his reasoning for wanting an end to the regime that was going on there. Can you really tell me if you saw your family and friends suffering intensely you wouldn't at least consider doing the same?

After saying that obviously I'm just guessing at his reasoning.
    leah_rai

Answer by leah_rai at 9:56 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• I hope he's well protected. I bet there's a big target on his back.

I'm not proud of him, even if he wanted to topple a corrupt regime. While he was hiding out in Germany, other people were losing their lives to topple that regime.
    SuperChicken

Answer by SuperChicken at 9:58 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• Well. He's most likely one of the extremists who believe in Jihad, so I'm not surprised. I do feel like it wasnt his fault we went there. We had an administration and the intelligence to figure out that it was a lie. Its a stupid war and a waste of money.
    ArmyWifeAshlie

Answer by ArmyWifeAshlie at 10:00 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• At what cost?
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 10:01 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• http://www.examiner.com/public-safety-in-national/wikileaks-wmd-program-existed-iraq-prior-to-us-invasion

The release by Julian Assange's web site Wikileaks of classified documents reveals that U.S. military intelligence discovered chemical weapons labs, encountered insurgents who were specialists in the creation of toxins, and uncovered weapons of mass destruction in Iraq. However, Washington, DC officials and the news media have ignored this information.
    One of the WikiLeaks document dumps reveals that as late as 2008, American troops continued to find WMD in the region.

So whose lying?

Answer by gemgem at 10:05 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• I could see this man lying about lying just for recognition.
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 10:14 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• My thoughts are, that Saddams history, giving sanctuary to terrorists such as Abu Abbas, Abu Nidel and others, funding palistinian terrorists, firing on US and British aircraft, invading two neighbors, defying sanctions torturing and gassing thousands of his own people, and political opponents, heeven beheaded a obstetrician because she spoke out against corruption in the Iraqi health ministry. And most other intel agencies believed he still had WMD and with the amount of time he had to remove them before we went in to Iraq, he most likely did. And many have been found.

Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 10:26 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• IMO Saddam himself qualified as a WMD. What else can you call someone that orders the slaughter of millions?

I think this guy may be looking for some publicity..I don't really know. I do know they found evidence of WMD's which are now probably in Iran or Syria. Sorry, there is no link, the info is classified and this is pretty much all I know.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 10:44 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• But I thought it was all Bush and Cheney's fault...or is it Palin's fault? Hard to keep track now that none of them are in office anymore.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:03 PM on Feb. 16, 2011