What is the best treatment for a cold sore?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:10 AM on Feb. 16, 2011 in Health

• Take lysine and use Abreva or Herpecin.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 10:11 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• If you can afford it, Abreva. It really does heal quickly.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 10:11 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• Abreva works quickly. I usually dab mine with tea tree oil a few times a day. Works like a charm.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 10:15 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• I've tried abrea and it never seem to work well for me, I use campho-phenique. It'a about $3 for a tube, it stinks and stings but dries up the cold sores pretty fast.
    how_reb

Answer by how_reb at 10:37 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• None of the store bought stuff ever worked for me. My grandmother always used rubbing alcohol on it every couple hours until it was gone. That is what I did until a few months ago when a coworker suggested vitamin E. Now I take a vitamin E capsule and squeeze some of the gooey stuff on the cold sore and leave for about 2 hours and then put rubbing alcohol for a few hours and alternate until it is gone. If you start this as soon as you feel the little twinge (before actually seeing the cold sore) you hardly get a cold sore at all if at all.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 11:10 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• Watch this video how to get rid of cold sores fast  it's home remedy. 

I wish I would have known about this remedy before purchasing Abreva because it was $15 for the tiny tube. 

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 12:53 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• abreeva works amazing but it's so damn expensive! worth it though, for sure.
    xLeeAnnex

Answer by xLeeAnnex at 1:00 PM on Feb. 16, 2011