My mom wants to report her neighbor's dog but he is inside barking. Can she?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:11 AM on Feb. 16, 2011 in Pets

• Is she in an apartment or a house?
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 10:12 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• She can. But I doubt it will do any good. It might make the neighbor very mad at her. Where could that lead? Is the noise through the walls still that loud? Is she afraid the dog is being misused?
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 10:12 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• They are at work. He just barks all day.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:13 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• House
    Anonymous

• I guess she can, but maybe the neighbors don't know that the dog is barking? I would have your Mom just talk to them!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 10:14 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• She can but all they will do is send animal control over to ask them to keep the dog quiet. Unless the barking is really bothering her...like if shes sleeping or if it happens late at night I would advise against it.
    Lobelia

Answer by Lobelia at 10:14 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• She can but nothing will be done.
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 10:15 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• If the dog is barking while they are at work, what exactly are they gonna do to prevent it??
    Lobelia

Answer by Lobelia at 10:15 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• I doubt there's much that can be done. If the dog was OUTside barking, then animal control could pay her a visit and ask her to keep the dog quiet. If she didn't, and you complained again, then she could receive a citation. But in my opinion, a complaint about a barking dog INSIDE its own house is not going to be taken very seriously. I have dealt with these types of situations before and I know how how frustrating it is :(
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 10:22 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• Well animal control in MN doesn't get involved with stuff like that. She can call but nothing will become of it. I spoke to them myself and was told that unless the dog is emaciated, in it's own feces, dying, dead or needing immediate medical attention they can't even go on your property without your permission or a warrant from a judge.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:27 AM on Feb. 16, 2011