What is the one comment that moms make about their children that is very strange?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:17 AM on Feb. 16, 2011 in General Parenting

• Are they all yours? I HATE THAT. I want to say no I kidnapped them from various families and threw them in my van, seriously, wth>?

Answer by gemgem at 10:53 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• I can't really think of 1, but there is a comment that one of my SIL's makes that drives me insane! She always tells Phoenix how adorable he is, then says but you look like your daddy poor thing. I mean I don't get it. Either you're saying my husband is cute, or you're saying that my baby isn't cute b/c he looks like his dad. It makes my blood boil! So finally I told my nieces "you're so adorable and you look just like your daddy, thank goodness!" That shut her up!
    PhoenixsMommy10

Answer by PhoenixsMommy10 at 10:23 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• It's strange to me when mothers are openly critical (like hyper-critical) of their children and they seem never to have anything nice to say, even in front of others.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 10:42 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• I'm not sure, but I know I hate it when people come up to me in the grocery store or wherever and say, "Wow- you sure have your hands full!" like my kids are so much trouble or something. I have 4 kids, so yeah, I stay busy. I certainly don't hate it or blame the kids, though. Ugh! lol
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 10:51 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• i have twin boys that are constantly dresed like boys or are in navy blue etc... and when the were infants i'd always get asked if they were girls?
    or
    how much i get payed to babysit or if they are my siblings ( geeze i'm 27 cmon )
    idk from other moms i always get "wow, i bet thats alot of work" ummm yea!
    miritrose

Answer by miritrose at 10:35 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• There is a 5 year age gap between our 2nd and 3rd kids. I am always asked why. It gets old.
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 11:07 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• My dh's ex wife talks about her kids like they are these horrible things (but she always says that my sd is the good child and she never has any issues with her)...she told me at one point when we were seeing sd for the night that her 6 month old is "the bastard child who doesn't sleep through the night at 6 months"..I mean really..who says that about their kids..this is also the child who's always crying when dh talks/facetimes sd..
    mom_to_kenzie

Answer by mom_to_kenzie at 1:26 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• I was talking to a friend about kids recognizing police officers and to know to go them if they ever get lost. My friend replied "F that, I don't trust cops, I told my daughter to approach a stranger before a cop" WTF !?
    Anonymous

• I had my child naturally. You got the shot of painkiller, i got that the night efire so I had my child naturally and you didn't . I wanted to kick this girl's a@@ so bad out of my house. Thank goodness I never see her socially anymore.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:55 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• As far as comments to me, I haven't really gotten any, other than dd being called a boy when her ears were pierced and she wa in all pink with a pink bow..
    mom_to_kenzie

Answer by mom_to_kenzie at 1:27 PM on Feb. 16, 2011