Rude People

I have looked at some of the answers to questions here on this site and I honestly don't get why some people have to be so rude! I'm not here to make trouble..in fact I was actually looking for friends....but some of these women are just nasty! I had ask a question about how often do you change your bed sheets. I change mine twice a week and I had a lady ask me if I were a nasty person? I mean WTF? Do people enjoy controversy that much? I simply like fresh sheets! Ok...on that note I'm going now...but for those who think its cute or whatever you think...just remember you could unnecessarily hurt another persons feelings....especially with these younger Moms asking for simple advice......

justalady774

Asked by justalady774 at 10:17 AM on Feb. 16, 2011 in About CafeMom

• Bed sheets? You got nasty comments over bed sheets?! People will be mean over anything on here. The bed sheets is a new one on me. Sorry you had to deal with that.
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 10:18 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• Just ignore these attention whores, focus on the nice moms out here, we outnumber them!!!! hugs!!!!!!!

Answer by older at 10:20 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• I totally agree with you! Theres been many times when Ive gotten answers like that!
    Lobelia

Answer by Lobelia at 10:20 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• You will get hit on by one of these now and again. I sometimes like to respond with my own sense of humor. But all in all there are far more good and helpful people on here. Ignore the rude. Laugh at the funny. And grow from the wise and helpful.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 10:21 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• just ignore and roll it off
    musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 10:22 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• ~*Hugs*~... twice a week sounds fine... I don't know about you but if I added that to my daily list I'd never have time for what MATTERS in life like my husband and kids? What is the point in having them if I am a clean freak, might as well be single and save them the trouble and added stress... lol

Sorry you expirienced one of CM's trolls, and betting it was anon? Hahaha... they are too scare to show thier true faces, probably much like in their real lives??? Hahaha

Let it roll off your back, keep looking for the good people, and either ignore the trolls or call them out on their behavior (I do), I even tell others to report these people since they are not invis to CM staffers
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 10:23 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• Just ignore them, some people try to make themselves feel better by treating others like crap!!! not everyone here is like that I promise!!!

momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 10:24 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• You may have taken the bed sheet response the wrong way. I didn't see the question but I interpreted it as a question asking you if you need to change the sheets that often because of what you do. Nasty as a word is interpreted differently in different sub-cultures. The one that leaps out to me is "nasty" as a reference to sex.

We all may be using English to communicate on this site but cultural differences often lead to major miscommunication that many interpret as being rude.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 10:29 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• I agree with isabellalecour, but I also agree that many women on here are just plain rude and mean and looking to make themselves feel better about themselves.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 10:40 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• omg u only do ur bed sheets 2x's a week? lol im only kiddind xo i have also seen some rude comments when reading other questions and it think its not right there is nothing we can do but just think what an a** tha person is...im also here to make friends and if i can help someone with advice or let them know been there or done that great. there not alone. or even get advice for myself. this is a great site minus the few bad apples. lol.
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 11:05 AM on Feb. 16, 2011