I am getting a cracked tooth pulled. My sister just freaked me out saying it was the worst thing ever. Has anyone else got their tooth pulled and is it as bad as she is saying?

My appointment is at two and I am afraid to death. How is it?

AmyLynn5398

Asked by AmyLynn5398 at 10:37 AM on Feb. 16, 2011 in Health

• It is not too bad. Just make sure you take pain meds right before the pain shot wears off. That transition can be rough. Otherwise it is not too bad. Well it wasn't for me anyway.

tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 10:38 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• If it is cracked then odds are it is already basically dead so other then when they pull it out it shouldnt be THAT bad. It does hurt but they give you Novocain and usually some pain killers to take home with you. My ex husband had his wisdom teeth out and his were fused to the bone and that hurts like hell. Even with that he was alright after about two days.

Answer by gemgem at 10:39 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• It's not bad....most of the time you won't even feel anything except some pressure. I did have 1 pulled that was absessed and that hurt but it was because of all the infection.
    how_reb

Answer by how_reb at 10:39 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• ah sisters! they're ass holes lol my sister used to try to scare me all the time about stuff like that....i have had a toothe pulled that was broken almost to the gum line, all they do is numb you and pull it, the worst part is getting the shots in your mouth but it's not horrible GL
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 10:39 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• By a dentist or an oral surgeon? Well, I've had teeth pulled by both and I didn't think it was that bad. The oral surgeon will put you to sleep. But the dentist will numb you up good.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 10:40 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• Ask for extra numbing & if you have it, take a pain med before you go.
    liteofmine71

Answer by liteofmine71 at 10:41 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• It is not bad at all!! U will feel nothing!! The dentist numbs u with a numbing medicine first then the novacaine shot. It is totally pain free!! U will have some discomfort after the numbing medicine wears off but not bad at all!! U will be numb for hours!! I have been going to my dentist since October! I needed alot of work done and there was never no pain!! I hope this helps!! R u seeing a male dentist?
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 10:42 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• what does being male or female have to do with anything dancer? lol
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 10:45 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• It depends. As long as you've got a good dentist, it shouldn't be too bad. It is uncomfortable afterwards, but all I needed was ibuprofen regular strength.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 10:48 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• Yes I am seeing a male dentist. I am curious why that matters?
    AmyLynn5398

Comment by AmyLynn5398 (original poster) at 10:48 AM on Feb. 16, 2011