Trying with questions....

We are trying for a 4th and when I get on the fertility websites they are saying I am fertile the day my period ends? anyone ever hear of this? I have a 24 day ish cycle and sometime not even that! I have ALWAYS had issues with irregular periods! Thoughts?

rebeccadac

Asked by rebeccadac at 10:49 AM on Feb. 16, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• 24 days is a short cycle. It's quite possible that you are indeed fertile when your period ends. Have you tried charting your cycle?

Answer by gdiamante at 11:37 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• I would start charting. Just take your temp first thing in the morning before getting out of bed. You should see a spike in temps the day after you ovulate. Once you chart for a few months, you should be able to see if there is a pattern (do you O on day 4 or day 8 or day 13 of your cycle or whatever).

How long are your periods? If they are running 7 or 8 days, like the PP poster said, you may very well be fertile.

Good luck!
    SouthernMama08

Answer by SouthernMama08 at 12:54 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• Start charting. Those sites can't truly tell you when you are fertile. It's only a guess based on outdated science.

The book Taking Charge Of Your Fertility is particularly great for learning to chart.

Oh and Gdiamante is correct...that IS a short cycle so it's VERY possible that you ovulate very soon after you period ends.
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 2:20 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• I agree with the PPs. Very possible with such a short cycle.

Also check out FertilityFriend.com, in addition to Taking Charge of Your Fertility.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 4:17 PM on Feb. 16, 2011