Does anyone else's 6 month old, not eat a whole lot? And is satisfied?

My baby is 6 months old, and only eats about 16 oz. of formula a day, in addition to her baby food. Is this ok?

C.Talley

Asked by C.Talley at 9:26 AM on Nov. 18, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yeah its OK. So long as she is full and isn't losing weight. All baby's are different. My son is and eater. He snacks through out the entire day and still eats 3 meals a day. My 3 week old eats almost 4 oz of formula or breast milk every time he eats. Sometimes they don't eat a lot and other days that seems to be the only thing they do.
    joni574

Answer by joni574 at 11:47 AM on Nov. 18, 2008

• Yeah, my daughter eats oats 3 times a day... and has 3 - 4, 4oz bottles a day. If you mix the oats with formula or breastmilk then she is getting another few oz.
    cschwanger

Answer by cschwanger at 12:08 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• Thats a very small amt... but if ped says she is gaining appropriate weight and everything, I am sure its fine...
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 8:15 PM on Nov. 18, 2008