We get invited to my hubby's bf's house for the summer at night. No kids she says. I show up and her very young children are there plus the neighbors

and her son who is much smaller and kind of sickly is there. The next time we just starated bringing our son with us whenever we went over her house.What should I say for the next summertime drinks night with kids except mine?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:53 AM on Feb. 16, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• She probably had hopes for a grown up party and it just did not pan out. Don't think twice about it. It will only cause unnecessary hurt and drama.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 10:56 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• hypocrite that is what she is.
    ja2010

Answer by ja2010 at 10:57 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• still don't snub my son when all the neighborhood was over. My hubby just tells me to not ask and ignore her and just bring my son. We do that all the time. Once we had to help install a microwave for them , her husband is so clueless and she left to go get drunk at ther firends since she was getting so overwhelmed. We showed up and she had the nerve to aask her son on the phone who showed up? Hello your single days with my husband ended like 17 years ago, get over it. I am not leaving my son alone. SO finally got the big pic ..
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:58 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• Well her kids being there is not that big a deal. It's her house, her party. Maybe her sitter fell thru, who knows. Maybe with the neighbor she felt like she couldn't leave her kid because he was sick, and then brought the child anyway and your friend felt bad about asking her to leave. I'm sure it wasn't just singling you out. If the next invite says no kids I wouldn't bring the kids, if you went.
    jenlenr

Answer by jenlenr at 11:03 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• I don't mean to sound rude when I say this but maybe it is her way of saying she does not like your kids. I had a friend (which is no longer my friend anymore) I always got a vibe around her that she didn't like my Daughter. So I just stopped calling her and hanging out with her. If you don't like or cant handle being around my kid(s) then I cannot have you in my life!! Like I said before I don't mean to sound rude when I say this but it is always a possibility.
    nat1387

Answer by nat1387 at 11:03 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• Maybe, because you are drinking she doesn't want you to drive back home with them, whereas she and her neighbors just have to walk home? I don't know.

I wouldn't make it a big deal out of it. Just don't go anymore.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 11:03 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• No I would still bring him She feels intimidated because my son who is the same age as her son is sick with an undisclosed brain tumore but the kid is very rude and nasty to alot of people and is only 5 feet tall and my son is 6 feet football player going to a very expensive school. She can not handle how much better my son turned out. SHe even admitted it to her other friends.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:06 AM on Feb. 16, 2011