What can I do?

OK a little background. We moved a few weeks ago. Before we moved my youngest DS would lay in his own bed in his own room in the dark for like0 2 minutes and then he was out. My oldest DS would fight it but still made it to bed after crawling up in my lap. Their routine is eat dinner, shower, some quiet play time together, read a story and then bedtime was 8 for my youngest DS however, he would lay down into bed at 7:45 and I would tuck him and all that good stuff. Now since we have moved they fight sleep every night and won't make it to sleep and bed until midnight. I know the move could cause problems. Now I just can't figure out how to get that routine back. Starting to wonder if I need to change it around.

Kassie1990

Asked by Kassie1990 at 10:57 AM on Feb. 16, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• How old are your kids?
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 11:01 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• 3 years and 21 months
    Kassie1990

Comment by Kassie1990 (original poster) at 11:02 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• Most kids thrive off routine, The move is a traumatic event in their minds. I would keep with your bed time routine, or make little adjustments that seem to work better for you. ..but the comfort in knowing what is going to happen next is soothing for them, They know what to expect..
    Mom2NoahM

Answer by Mom2NoahM at 12:32 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• Maybe you could try laying on the floor in their room while they fall asleep. Slowly move futher away until you aren't in the room anymore.
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 1:57 PM on Feb. 16, 2011