What week was your preemie born?

Im 28 weeks and have been having preterm labor since 24 weeks.What weeks was your baby born and how did they do? Also were you put on bed rest or told you can continue with regular activities?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:04 AM on Feb. 16, 2011 in Pregnancy

• All of mine were early. Girls tend to "do better" than boys. And caucasian boys are the wimpiest, by far, they stay in the NICU longer than other babies. My first was 35 weeks, a girl, and she had no NICU time. My second was 37 weeks, technically full term, but a caucasian boy. He spent 2 weeks in the NICU due to "c-section complications." My third was born at 36 weeks, a boy. He spent 36 hours in the NICU. The steroids they give for lung development would have probably helped tremendously with the last two, but I say that in retrospect. I spent no time on bedrest. With the third, I went into labor at 24 weeks, but they stopped it. I went into labor again at 34 weeks, and they were able to stop it. He was born at 36 weeks. My second baby, I went into labor at 32 weeks and stayed on meds until 37 weeks.
    fancyjane

Answer by fancyjane at 7:27 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• My preemie was 35 weeks and he was perfect and came home with me the next day. No bedrest, my water ruptured early.
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 11:10 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• my oldest was born at 30 weeks weighing 2 pounds 2 ounces the doctor said he stopped growing at 28 weeks though because the umbilical cord had shriveled up to almost nothing. my youngest was born at 36 weeks weighing 4 pounds 15 ounces they are both healthy happy children now. They have so much advanced technology now that they can do alot for preemies
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 11:10 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• My son was born at 28 weeks. He spent 3 months in the NICU, but is totally fine now. He is a bit small, but healthy.

I was not on bed rest at all...His birth was a very unexpected and fast experience...They didnt realize I was in labor till it was too late...even though I kept telling them...you can read my journal entry...one of them is his story.
    nsrush83

Answer by nsrush83 at 11:27 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• I went into labor with my twins at 29 weeks. I recognized what was going on early and went to the ER. I was in the hospital for 5 day but they stopped labor and sent me home on bed rest. I made it to 34 weeks before my water broke and delivered 2 4 lb babies. They were in the hospital for 10 days. It was very hard for them to learn to suck a bottle and took even longer to learn to breastfeed. But they are very heathly today with no long term issues!
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 1:53 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• my youngest was born at 36 weeks and even though he was an 8lb 6oz baby, he had to spend the night in the nicu b/c his sugar was low, he got to come home with me when i was dischaeged but it gave me quite a scare
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 11:13 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• My son was a debatable 36 to 38 weeks and his lungs weren't ready. He was in the NICU for 14 days. He also was re hospitalized with pnemonia 4 times in his first year, due the fact his immunity was low.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:13 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• My preemie was born at 32 weeks. I had HELLP syndrome
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 11:14 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• DD was born at 28 weeks, weighed 2 lbs., 2 oz., though she was actually measured in grams because she was so small. I was having contractions, was admitted to the hospital and was told I would have to be on complete bed rest ... but she was in distress and had to be delivered via emergency C-section the next day. They originally anticipated she'd have to stay in the NICU for 12 weeks; she was able to go home after 6. She was diagnosed w/PVL while in the NICU; it is sometimes a precursor to cerebral palsy. It did not manifest in her case. She did partake in physical therapy for several years and wore orthotics because of some tightening in her lower legs but the orthotics are long gone and there is absolutely nothing this girl can do. No lasting effects, no long-term issues. She is a perfectly healthy, happy child, and truly my miracle baby!
    FootballMom85

Answer by FootballMom85 at 12:39 PM on Feb. 17, 2011