Baby Shower Brainstorm Session!

It's a boy- her first :) She likes turtles, green, blue. I am thinking either a baby diaper cake or wreath? or trying to make one in the shape of a turtle.

ANyone whose made or been given one, did it have diapers only or washcloths and stuff? What size diapers?

I ordered the invites, so cute. Was thinking of food ideas. Not sure of games, might skip them or leave those to my sister in law who might help me.

One more thing- I put a place on back of invites for advice. What should I do with them as they come in?

txdaniella

Asked by txdaniella at 11:06 AM on Feb. 16, 2011 in Entertainment

• My aunt made a 'blanket cake' for me for my baby shower. It had blue blankets rolled and stacked, with ribbon around it. She then put a ton of other stuff on it to decorate it. She put little baby wash/lotion/powder, booties, pacifiers, toys, etc. Just little stuff all around it. It was super cute. As for food, it depends on if you are having a meal or just snacks. I think a fruit and veggie tray is always good, with maybe some kind of chips and dip. I think it would be nice to type up the 'advice' you get and make it into a little book and give it to her at the shower.
    Blakesmommy0907

Answer by Blakesmommy0907 at 2:02 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• Just keep it simple. Buy an outfit with a turtle on it rather than trying to make a diaper cake shaped like a turtle. It sounds like too much work! You will have enough to do.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 4:11 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• I like making things, crafts and such, so the diaper cake seems to me like a fun way of presenting diapers to her without them... well, being in their original package.
    txdaniella

Comment by txdaniella (original poster) at 8:06 PM on Feb. 21, 2011