I would like to host a cookie exchange. How would you go about it.

I have never done this and thought it would be fun!! Has anyone ever done this?? Curious mindz want 2 know;o)

devaughnsmom98

Asked by devaughnsmom98 at 9:45 AM on Nov. 18, 2008 in Entertainment

• Everyone you invite has to bring a batch or two of a cookie that no one else is bringing. You get together and exchange them. Invite lots of people so you get a good variety. Have fun!
    busybee68

Answer by busybee68 at 9:49 AM on Nov. 18, 2008

• I host one each year. Each person brings 6 dozen plus one dozen of their chosen cookies, and containers for the cookies they're taking home. The extra dozen is laid out at the party for "samples". We usually have appetizers right away, because I don't want anyone to feel sick eating the cookies on an empty stomach :) Than we play a game or 3, have a cocktail and chat. At the end of the evening, the cookies get divied up into the containers everyone brought. Last year, my niece was thrilled to be old enough to join us, and made everyone their own platter, wrapped in colored Saran wrap and ribbon and bows...it was adorable!
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 1:17 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• How fun I have never heard of a Cookie exchange...Love it!
    safan

Answer by safan at 2:17 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• Thank-you Ladies!!! I'm soo excited to try it.. I'll keep you posted!
    devaughnsmom98

Answer by devaughnsmom98 at 9:35 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• I hosted a cookie exchange last year that turned out to be a new holiday tradition. I used the free forms I found on www.signupgenius.com/christmas to invite my friends and family to my party. It was easy to manage my rsvps and saved me alot of time and money. They also have tips at

http://www.signupgenius.com/lifestyle/christmas-cookie-exchange-ideas

Good Luck and Happy Holidays.
    lenalala

Answer by lenalala at 6:15 PM on Dec. 10, 2009