What do I do?

I have to get this off my chest... I don't know what to do. I know a girl who had an abortion with her ex boyfriend this year, now she is with a new guy and trying to get pregnant. I am so scared that they will break up and she will have another abortion. I trying talking to her and telling her everything that comes along with having a child. I want to ensure that she is poositive that they are ready. I kind of feel that she may be doing this to hold on to him. What advice can I give her? I am against abortion and I can't stand by and hear of her doing it again to another innocent child. Please help!!!

Mary_CoreysMom

Asked by Mary_CoreysMom at 9:59 AM on Nov. 18, 2008 in Relationships

• Ask her to go a to crisis pregnancy center for an abstinence class. Or some other type of session. I know a young lady who has had several abortions and three live births. Her last abortion, the doctor here in town was so disgusted and tired of "cleaning" up the messed up LEGAL abortions from the doctor in the other state. I only know this because of another person in the OR knew the girl and couldn't figure out how anyone could have one child, abort the next, have another, abort the next, etc. It is sickening. Your friend needs help emotionally because she is just trying to find someone to"love her" and unfortunately, girls like that think a baby is the answer---but babies aren't made to GIVE love--only to absorb it:-)

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:47 AM on Nov. 18, 2008

• Just let her know that having a baby does not guarantee that the man will stay. And getting pregnant to hold on to a man is the worst thing in the world. Not only could they NOT stay, but it could ultimately cause resentment. It is her choice to have an abortion but it is NOT a method of birth control and she needs to understand that.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 10:02 AM on Nov. 18, 2008

• I agree with TheDiva. Ultimately, Its not the best news but people like this DO NOT change. Since she is just a friend, you may want to drop her because her relationship will bring you down. For instance, one time I found out my sis was having an abortion, I begged her to give me her baby with ABSOLUTELY no strings attached, her baby would know me as its mom and I would give her no drama. She said no, and then later I found out that she had already had 2 abortions previous to that. If you want proof that people who have them feel they are no biggie, go through old abortion posts on cafemom. These women feel vindicated and for the most part, no remorse. I would just tell her what TheDiva said, and drop her as a friend. I cannot be friends with an idiot.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:12 AM on Nov. 18, 2008

• why do you even hang around people like that?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:19 AM on Nov. 18, 2008

• I also agree with The Dive, but know how you feel. It hurts me so much when I find that people I know have done it. My SO and I are expecting our first child together in 4 weeks, and we haven't been together terribly long, BUT him and his ex about a year and a half ago or so had an abortion because "it wasn't going to work with her career" or something like that. Makes me sick, but I still love him.
    K_Coleman

Answer by K_Coleman at 11:10 AM on Nov. 18, 2008

• tell her that when babies come into the picture that the men leave. she will be left alone and then she would probably get that abortion. how does she come up for the baby to get them done. maybe you can get your hands on some pictures of the aborted babies. i know that i wouldn't be able to look but if it came to saving a life and putting these images in her head she may back out. i would do it then for sure.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 11:12 AM on Nov. 18, 2008