Are you doing anything fun with your tax return?

misses_nick

Asked by misses_nick at 11:35 AM on Feb. 16, 2011 in Money & Work

• We bought a TempurPedic bed

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 11:47 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• Fun?? no but we will be almost debt free after I pay all our CC bills..ugh..
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 11:36 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• paying off the car loan....that's as fun as it gets, lol
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 11:36 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• I paid my bills one month ahead, bought the girls each a DS with four games, bought DH and I each a game, and we are heading to Key Largo in two weeks for an 8 day vacation.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 11:35 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• Tax return? I've heard of this legend......it sounds amazing! Vacations and extra toys every year.
    thelowlander

Answer by thelowlander at 11:41 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• Wow... my $132 will buy extra groceries this week. We don't get a huge refund... because we choose to keep our money weekly instead of giving the government an interest free loan for the year....
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 12:32 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• A little bit, but not much. Mostly it's going to be used to help pay our monthly bills (what my paycheck doesn't cover) until DH gets a job. However, I'll be damned if I don't use a little bit of it for "fun." I'm getting myself a Paula Deen cookware set and possible the knife set too, but not sure. That's going to be my birthday present to myself. We're getting a twin bed for our son, plus some bedding sets to go with that. That will be partially his birthday present, but we're going to get him something else too, hopefully something for the yard, like maybe a sandbox or something. DH needs some new jeans and I could use some clothes myself. Oh and he needs a new desk chair because his broke.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 11:42 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• Hah, would love to, usually we do but this year we have 4 weddings in the family so it will go to gifts and travel for those.
    emptynstr

Answer by emptynstr at 11:50 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• Bill, savings and a nook color for me
    Mommyto2LilMen

Answer by Mommyto2LilMen at 12:58 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• My comp died, so I had to replace it(and it was like pulling teeth let me tell you!), I paid up all the bills, and then bought myself a new vacuum, new pots and pans set(my first ever new set!) and a new coffee pot. I also spent $200 on fabric to support my new quilting hobby! lol
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 1:50 PM on Feb. 16, 2011