What is it with men & teenagers?

I knew this girl last year who was 15/16 in the time I knew her. She was... well, a huge slut. She was sleeping with a few different guys at the same time... all over the age of 20! My best friend (who I was dating at the time) ended up breaking up with me and sleeping with her immediately after - we broke up because he liked her - and he's 25!! Once that happened she decided he should remove me from his life, be he decided no, and removed her instead. Soon after that, I heard she was dating one of the managers from the store we all worked at together... that manager is 35!!!
Now my best friend has another "love interest", and he won't tell me her age, so I'm 100% certain she's a teenager too. He's told me he wants someone who is grown up (which is another reason he didn't want to be with me anymore - I don't know how to take care of myself yet, and I'm 22), yet he continues to be interested in people way younger than I am, and way less capable of taking care of themselves.
Has anyone else noticed that teenagers are a lot more... different than they used to be? When I was that age, I would never have even been interested in someone that much older than me - I would've considered a man like that to be a creep!

AdensMama0308

Asked by AdensMama0308 at 11:35 AM on Feb. 16, 2011 in Relationships

• yea i wouldn't date an older guy either. she is probably looking for a sugar daddy! she seems to get or like attention she gets from men of any age so when older men go after her she just spreads her legs for them.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 11:58 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• When I was a teenager, I prefered older guys... I was very mature for my age and the high school boys were into one thing, which they don't know what or how to do in the first place, and less respectful than those I prefered! Females are 5 years psychologically ahead of boys... they tend to be accademically ahead of us, we mature faster.

Now much older guys, like my old manager, were creepy to me, I like lower 20s since they were more on my level

In ths day and age I woud warn my friend that they can end up as a blue dot on Megan's List for the rest of their lives... law doesn't care if her parents press charges, and society has been finally pushing back, and innocent looking stuff like an 18 year old with a 16 year old can land them in jail/prison, than on a sex offender list
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 12:07 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• Older men like the girls to be younger for many reasons and the girls it makes them feel more loved when they are with an older man ..it is a sick thing and these men know they can get away with it .. and women who know, older men that have sex with younger girls need to be turned in to be taught that what they are doing is wrong
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 1:37 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• hasn't anyone turned these guys in?
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 12:15 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• I can't believe you called a child a slut. Do you know that most teens who are sexually active have been molested by some adult and feel they have no value other than sex? So some adult ruins this child's life and you attack her? That's just hurtful to all kids who have been raped, molested or endured incest and are just trying to follow through with what the adults have taught her. Your friend and others are continuing the lesson that some male adults are disgusting pigs who take advantage of children.
    Anonymous

• Sounds to me like the 15/16 year old is looking for a father figure ( or at least approval by a father figure), if she doesn't have one. Or maybe she has been abused by a father, brother, mom's boyfriend. As for you, when you find a steady job, get a checking account, learn to budget, pay your own bills. You might have to ask for help at first, that's ok. You have to start someplace. And, I've been in jobs I didn't like. It was money coming in so I stayed, at least until another opportunity came along. Women should have some independence. And you certainly need to know how to take care of yourself. My friend is over 50 and just now learning to budget and take care of herself and the bills. It's really tough at her age.
    Kimimale

Answer by Kimimale at 12:24 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• Well I grew up in Mississippi and this is quite normal for alot of people there. I never dated older men as a teenager and I don't agree with it. I would let my daughter date an older guy as a teen either.
    HKing01

Answer by HKing01 at 11:50 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• That girl was trash. She acted like she had the worst life ever, when she had a mom who let her drive into the city to get laid by these grown men...
    When she tried to get my best friend to kick me out so she could live with him, that was the last straw for him.
    AdensMama0308

Comment by AdensMama0308 (original poster) at 12:00 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• Lol Yes, when I was that age I would have been totally creeped out by an older guy!!! I'm also 22 now and have "been with" an older guy. I don't know his exact age but I know he was in his 30's and I was 20 at the time. Somehow it turned into a fantasy for me. The guy is a cop and has a reputation for liking younger girls. Of legal age though! Not high schoolers! He had known me when I was in high school though. Lol did security for the bank I worked at. I'm confused as to why he thinks you can't take care of yourself though? Or is that what you think?
    CollinsMommy729

Answer by CollinsMommy729 at 12:02 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• I just was never taught how to. When I was 18 I went straight from my parents house to living with a boyfriend (my son's dad), at which point he was in charge of bills and everything. I'm just afraid to grow up I guess - I haven't gone to college yet, I can't hold down a job when I don't like what I'm doing, and so I can't move out and get my own place. I'm a lot more grown up than I was when I met my best friend (he's helped me a lot), but I'm still not where I feel I should be at my age.
    AdensMama0308

Comment by AdensMama0308 (original poster) at 12:05 PM on Feb. 16, 2011