At what point did you graduate your infant from the infant bathtub into the regular bathtub for giving baths? I am just curious as to what the signs are and what other moms think. We have an 11-months-old son who can sit up pretty well by himself, and the infant bathtub seems to be kind of in the way in the regular bathtub. Thanks.

Svetlana98usa

Asked by Svetlana98usa at 11:36 AM on Feb. 16, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Once they could almost sit - around 6 months I put them in the big tub with a bath ring.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:37 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• If he can sit up by himself, you can move him to the tub. Just be sure you are always there with him and don't fill the tub too high.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 11:37 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• When a baby can sit up on their own they can go into a seat....I think my daughter and son were both in the infant seat by about 8-9 months!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 11:37 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• He was 7 months,in the bath ring thingy

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 11:40 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• We had a ring for both of mine and they started using it as soon as they could sit up well.
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 11:44 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• If he can sit well, you can use the big tub.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 11:47 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• my ds is 18 months old and i still use the baby tub for him lol i do sometimes put him in a tub ring in the big tub, he is just so wild sometimes it's easier to put him in the baby tub
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 11:47 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• We started using one of those inflatable tubs inside our big tub when my son could sit up on his own pretty well. I found ours at BabiesRus. I used that for a long time, mostly because it was soft and used less water than filling the big tub. They don't cost much, but SO worth it, in my opinion. :)
    Blakesmommy0907

Answer by Blakesmommy0907 at 11:49 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• If you don't have a ring, but he is sitting well by himself, you can put a towel in the bath and place him on it. This way he will not slip. This is what people did before the rings were invented.

krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 11:54 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• At about 6 months we bought a blow up duckie bath tub that went inside the big bath tub. Then got rid of that at about a year.
    SouthernMama08

Answer by SouthernMama08 at 12:48 PM on Feb. 16, 2011