Anyone know a good sling for a 15lb baby?

what's the brand?

Amy2079

Asked by Amy2079 at 11:40 AM on Feb. 16, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My babies were huge. Ultimately, they did not fit into the sling . . . it slouched them over and scrunched up their bodies . . . they have trouble getting air in. So, I threw out the sling and got a front pack. GREAT for bigger babies! By the way, caution with slings, there have been several advisories against them in the recent years because they have caused the death of some babies. It can put them in an unnatural position that makes it difficult to breathe.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 11:42 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• I had never heard of it with my first, but there is this one called a MobiWrap. You can put it many different ways depending on how old/big your baby is. I have seen them at Target. A lot of my mommy friends have them and rave that they are awesome. I plan to have one once my second arrives in May.
    Blakesmommy0907

Answer by Blakesmommy0907 at 1:38 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• I have an Ergo carrier and I love it. They are half off right now at www.babysteals.com. I also had a moby style wrap that my MIL made and I liked it a lot, too. I didn't actually get the Ergo until my daughter was 15 months old (got it for my b-day) and was 24 lbs.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 4:14 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• Moby Wrap is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!
    SweetOrangeMama

Answer by SweetOrangeMama at 6:05 PM on Feb. 16, 2011