2 years old and 22 pounds?

Our daughter has been pretty much at a stand still with her weight for the pst 9 months.Her doctor doesnt seem concerned about it...but you know how that goes..sometimes mommys are smarter than doctors,lol.
Is this the norm? Both my sons were little chunky beings and always gaining weight.
My daughter is very thin.You can even see her little rib bones :(
She's a very picky eater to top it off.
How big is your 2 year old?

kimberlyinberea

Asked by kimberlyinberea at 11:50 AM on Feb. 16, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Lots of kids plateau at some point. As long as she's still eating and everything, I think you have nothing to worry about.
    My son weighed about 25 lbs when he turned 2 - he's turning 3 in a month and he's only gained 6 lbs in the last year.
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 11:54 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• My 3 year old goes through phases like this... and he's perfectly normal... I worry more about his mind than his body, but that is my thing. I figure he could be a midget and the mind better than those his age and so forth
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 12:17 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• my little guy turned 2 in Sept and is about 25 lbs just a thin little guy and eating constantly... my doc just said that he'lll be tall and thin
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 11:52 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• My 3 year old is 30 lbs and has been for 14 months straight.. you can see his ribs too and he's not even picky, just suppppppper active.. Our Dr has said the same thing.. genetically, we USED To be tiny like this when we were young.. it does make me feel bad when I see him running naked though...
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 11:55 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• My son is 19 months and 25 lbs.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 11:55 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• MY DD stayed between 19-20 lbs from 11-19 months ...recently she was weighed though & weighs 23 lbs, she is still considered Tiny too.
    I wouldn't worry if the doctor isn't concerned.
    My daughter is a picky eater too and is a slow gainer..I just keep offering snacks and more fatty foods than I normally would hehe such as butter ( on toast, mashed potatoes, waffles, anything LOL), 3%milk, juice, yogurt, ice cream etc....even peanut butter, it's been helping obviously.
    AshleyRoseG

Answer by AshleyRoseG at 11:56 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• my 19 month is 27 lbs
    jessran1218

Answer by jessran1218 at 11:59 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• my 4 year old is 32 pounds. her ribs and spinal cord are visible. but shes not picky, she just eats very small portions and is constantly on the go. getting her to sit still is a job in itself! but, shes also quite tall. 41 inches and since her weight doesnt correlate with her height, her doctor is concerned about her being underweight. ive been told to give her whole milk instead of 1% (which is what wic has been giving me) and add in a little carnation instant breakfast to 2 of those meals. honestly i havent seen a difference yet but its only been about a month.

my 2 year old on the other hand, is 28 pounds! she is in the 60th percentile for both height/weight though so she is considered healthy.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 11:59 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• My son is 2 yrs and 3 months and 27 pounds. He is not by any means thin either.
    usdragonflies

Answer by usdragonflies at 12:05 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• I noticed that went I went off of whole milk, my kids got skinny, so I kept the whole milk going alot longer than drs recommend. Now, we are at 1%, but my picky eater, who is 5, does alot of cheese and that keeps her at a normal weight.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 12:06 PM on Feb. 16, 2011