Any tips on...

startnig to chart?

rebeccadac

Asked by rebeccadac at 11:51 AM on Feb. 16, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• Yes! Take your basal temp as soon as you open your eyes, keep the thermometer on your night stand. Keep in mind that we all menstruate 14 days after you ovulate. So, by tracking your temp, when it goes up 1 degree, you know you will be ovulating within 24hrs. Do some research online, I am going on what I remember. I got pregnant at 45! Also, do not use any kind of gel, or even your husbands spit can kill off sperm! Also, stress kills sperm! Keep a positive attitude, and really desire to be pregnant!

Linda1012

Answer by Linda1012 at 11:58 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• I love the ovulation sticks. It takes off the stress of having to plan out so many lovemaking sessions.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 12:15 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• ovusoft website is a great help!
    liteofmine71

Answer by liteofmine71 at 2:06 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• Get the book Taking Charge Of Your Fertility.

That's the BEST way to learn. Then sign up for an account at http://www.fertilityfriend.com/ so you can just enter your data daily.

Oh and by the way...charting in NO WAY causes you to need to plan out lovemaking sessions. OPKs are inaccurate and give you a MUCH smaller window of knowing you are fertile then charting does so you are LESS likely to need to plan anything with charting than you are with OPKs.

miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 2:18 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• The book miasmommy suggested is good. Also, finding an actual coach helped me!

This website has a link to "Find a Teacher." Many of these teachers will be Christian, and so if you are not they might have feelings/ideas about the process that differ from your own - but the science is the same so it's still worth getting a teacher! Also, if you find one through your church (try Catholic churches!) you can often find someone who volunteers their time as a coach and so you only pay more materials or for the book. In my case I didn't pay anything at first, and a year or so later made a donation. So, ask around and don't let cost stop you from finding a coach if you want one!
    angelm523

Answer by angelm523 at 2:30 PM on Feb. 16, 2011