What's taking my tax return so long to get here?

when did you file and have you gotten yours yet? i filed on jan 31 was told since i have to pay back on the housing credit that irs held my return til the 14 valentines day and it looks like now that it has been accepted it's going to be another 2-3 wks. yet it aslso says that it can't 24/48 hrs to process. maybe they already reviewed it during the hold time. so just curious if anybody else has gotten their return who filed on the 31 of jan. of course you may not have the same requirements as me but other then the housing credit deal, i'm a standard tax return filer.

melody77

Asked by melody77 at 11:55 AM on Feb. 16, 2011 in Money & Work

• Yes, there was legislation to be passed and the IRS could not accept tax returns until the 14th. Noone's got through any earlier. It will be probably a week and a half before your refund is posted in your account or sent out.

I know . . . takes away the feel-good of getting the taxes done right away. :(
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 12:01 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• The delays with the changes I think is setting everything back.
    2boysnaprincess

Answer by 2boysnaprincess at 11:56 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• ~*Giggles*~... think the federal government is going broke??? They seem to be delaying paying what they owe until those that owe pay them??? Hahahaha

Guess government isn't doing so great and those running things!!! Hahahaah
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 12:14 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• I did mine jan 31 and got the direct deposit on feb 11.
    KayGia0704

Answer by KayGia0704 at 12:16 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• You can download a copy from the IRS's website, or pickup a copy from a library or post office. I use taxact.com

Answer by rkoloms at 3:02 PM on Feb. 16, 2011