My heart..

I am 6 months pregnant, Is it normal for my heart to beat really fast from time to time? it feels like its coming out of my chest sometimes

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:05 AM on Nov. 18, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Could be anxiety. But you must remember, your body is pumping more blood for you AND the baby as well as more oxygen, so it requires more effort. Hence the beating more.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 10:06 AM on Nov. 18, 2008

• I get that even when I'm not pregnant. I'm not sure what causes it, but I've been getting it since I was at least 10 years old, so I don't think it's anything to be worried about. On the other hand, if yours just started up outta nowhere while you're pregnant, you should probably at least call your doctor.
    cskomk0106

Answer by cskomk0106 at 10:07 AM on Nov. 18, 2008

• When I'm not pregnant I've never had an "anxiety attack" but this time (currently35 wks) I've had them on and off since I was about 12 weeks... Some of them get really bad, but I was told that it is completely normal, But if it gets too bad to handle or doesn't go away to go to the ER.
    mamaof2748

Answer by mamaof2748 at 10:51 AM on Nov. 18, 2008

• I feel my heart pumping harder sometimes also. I don't feel panicky or anxious but I do feel my heart racing. I just attributed it to the fact that my heart is working harder to pump blood to the baby. (Also since I cut down on caffiene, if I indulge once in a while it seems to affect me a lot more)
    woodj2

Answer by woodj2 at 10:58 AM on Nov. 18, 2008

• I experience that if I layon my right side, granted I am 36 weeks tomorrow. But the reason could be if you're laying on that side or on your back because your uterus pushes on your vena cava and could make your heart pump harder. If it's happening when you're standing or sitting, then I'm not too sure. Maybe that helps!
    K_Coleman

Answer by K_Coleman at 11:06 AM on Nov. 18, 2008

• Part of it is the amount of blood your body is producing is tripled. I can feel my blood moving differently. If you are having other feelings along with just feeling your heart, I would see your doctor about it.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 12:53 PM on Nov. 18, 2008