Limiting kids' consumption of tuna fish due to high mercury.

They are now saying to limit it to one can of tuna a week. My daughter LOVES tuna fish. Anybody else cutting back on tuna fish?

texasgurl33

Asked by texasgurl33 at 12:04 PM on Feb. 16, 2011 in Food & Drink

• My kids won't touch it. I was trying to eat more because I heard it is good for you.

OMG< everything has something and nothing is good anymore.....

IT IS SAD!!!!!!
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 12:07 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• Women should not have more than one helping per week. Definitely wouldn't give it to kids more than that. Maybe they will make it safer soon. I love it, too.
    Kimimale

Answer by Kimimale at 12:08 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• My motto is everything in moderation. Some things are really good for you in moderation, like salmon and tuna, they have low levels of mercury in them, you just want to be careful about eating it all the time.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 12:17 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• That's been the standard for quite a while now. The good news is...there is lots of seafood that is very low in mercury too. Generally, the smaller the fish/crustacean, the lower the levels of pollution in their bodies because of the food cycle.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 12:29 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• my son hates it .. and my teen daughters will eat it if I make it for them and since that doesn't happen I'm not to worried
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 1:20 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• We don't eat that much so no cutting back here. I was actually thinking about incorporating more of it, since the whole family loves it. We only have it about once a month, in the summer 2-3 times a month.
    Anonymous

• Try other fish for her.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 9:23 PM on Feb. 16, 2011