How do/did you wean your baby from nursing to bottles?

kimberlyinberea

Asked by kimberlyinberea at 12:05 PM on Feb. 16, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Didn't. But it's always done the same way. Drop one nursing session a week, replacing with the alternate feeding. Start with the feeding baby cares least about. If baby is six months or older, no need for bottles. You can go to a cup.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:15 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• on both of my childrens first birthday we took the bottles and threw them all away and i let them do it, but befor that we started the sippy cup around 9 months so the were used to it, and this worked for both of my kids
    Mrs.Prine

Answer by Mrs.Prine at 12:15 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• Slowly. The only thing he ever got in a bottle was breast milk and formula. Water and then juice was ALWAYS in a cup. Once he went to table foods (about 10 months) I just started skipping a feeding. Then once we got down to one bottle (right before bed) at about 12 months, I just slowly decreased the amount. By 14 months he was off the bottle....no mess no fuss.
    SouthernMama08

Answer by SouthernMama08 at 12:35 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• I think it makes a difference if you mean bottle feeding formula or breast milk. Can you clarify?
    moviemom22

Answer by moviemom22 at 2:44 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• I'm thinking formula. Not 100% sure yet.
    kimberlyinberea

Comment by kimberlyinberea (original poster) at 2:45 PM on Feb. 16, 2011