I'm in the hospital

I had a large fibroid taken out And a Hysterectomy. The recovery has been hard! I never want to be in a hospital ever again.

The important thing for you girls is if you have a fibroid make sure you doctor Is keeping a eye on it. This should of not gotten this big and surgery would of been alot easier.
I had a PA tell me she did not need to check me. That was about a year ago. I should of fought harder. So now I hope I can safe you from this pain.

gammie

Asked by gammie at 12:06 PM on Feb. 16, 2011 in Health

• feel better

mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:16 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• Get checked out!
    gammie

Comment by gammie (original poster) at 12:08 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• Oh, I am so sorry you are having to go through that. Healing thoughts sent out to you!!!! I hope you recover quickly and can get back to normal soon. :)
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 12:09 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• wow, i am sorry to hear that but glad the surgery went well and hoping for a safe, quick recovery! i hate hospitals too, i start to feel stir-crazy after a day of being in that place!

my mom had a hysterectomy back in 04 for the same reason. she had some kind of growth (cant remember now if it was a fibroid, cyst or tumor) in her uterus that had grown so big it attached itself to her bladder. for years & years she had awful periods, with clots the size of golfballs and migraines, yet she never checked it out! she didnt go to the GYN from the time i was born til 04, so roughly 17 years! if she had taken care of herself better she may have gotten away with just a d&c to remove it.

ladies, your annual pap is very important! please take care of yourselves!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 12:11 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• Wishing you a speedy recovery! Thank you for that important information.

Linda1012

Answer by Linda1012 at 12:12 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• Sorry for what you are going through...wishing you a speedy recovery!!
    TJones32

Answer by TJones32 at 12:16 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• Oh, my goodness. I sorry to hear about your health problems. I sure hope you recovery will run smoothy.

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 12:24 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• I had a hystermenaty and long time ago a cyst and ovary removed. I know how hard it is in the hospital and hope you get better soon. take it easy for awhile.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 1:57 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• Thank you all for well wishes.

I never want to back here again!

Today is my first day of writing on my iPad or even talking on the phone. I'm on drugs so there is going to be more mistakes than normal lol
    gammie

Comment by gammie (original poster) at 2:03 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• Feel better soon!!!
    Mommyto2LilMen

Answer by Mommyto2LilMen at 1:54 PM on Feb. 17, 2011