Is it possible to find love as a single mom?

Single mom, Father not involved (ever), I work full-time - any free time is dedicated to my love (my son) ...So where in there can i find time? Just to find someone to share life with, Stories,etc. I am still young and want to experience love..or at least realtionships...

Any advice ??

Mom2NoahM

Asked by Mom2NoahM at 12:24 PM on Feb. 16, 2011 in Relationships

• My sister found love as a single mom. She found him through her job as a social worker.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 12:26 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• Its possible but would be hard.
    KayGia0704

Answer by KayGia0704 at 12:27 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• ~*Stop Looking*~... date for fun, not a potential mate! that is to start with... my entire life I tend to know and get along better with guys than other chicks! 5 brothers, lots of uncles, male friends, and even three sons of my own... they can smell desperation much like a dog smells fear? They prefer confident women, looks has nothing to do with it, has all to do with what you think of yourself... make them think they don't deserve someone like you? Be up front and honest because they don't do games...

I found my husband when I honestly gave up on the male species??? I was going to hit Reno with him, gamble, get a room, than never call him again... I won't be explaining this to our kids... going on 13 years in June! And he has raised my 15 year old son as his own, never complained, and has the same bod with him he does with our 2 together
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 12:37 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• yea we as single mother will find our true love when the time comes
    desi8809

Answer by desi8809 at 12:44 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• I did. Go places with your son to have fun with him, the mall, chuckie cheese ect. That way you are in a place to meet single dads while having fun with your son.
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 12:45 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• Of course you can find love as a single mom! Look for church socials. I think it's great that your child is priority. But, make sure to make time for your self. A happy mom makes a happy home!
    Jmcelroy

Answer by Jmcelroy at 12:46 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• Yes, it's possible- if I found love as a single mom- full time student- and working, then you can too! The key is to not be looking for it though- as cliche as that sounds. Let life take it's course...I've had friends (who were also single moms) who had success online dating too- BUT it only worked for the non-dramatic ones who were upfront and honest from the beginning, which quickly dilutes the men who aren't serious about dating and/or are really okay with single Mothers (there's a big stigma on single Moms in the dating world). A lot of men say they don't mind if the woman has a kid, but that's until they realize the kid will always come before them, then they mind. There ARE good men out there though.

Key advice- be honest about your situation/what you want, don't talk about baby's dad, and do not introduce these men you're (potentially) dating to your child unless you're positive it's a serious long term relationship
    lexi8622

Answer by lexi8622 at 1:18 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• Well, my ex-husband does see our son a couple of times a week so he's involved. But I have found love with someone else and it was unexpected and much quicker than I even thought would happen if it were to happen. I figured, no one wants to date a divorced mom and I expected to be on my own for a long time, maybe forever. I mean, I've heard women say this is what happened to them (women I know that are divorced), But months after, I met someone and I love him so much and he's so good to me and loves me and my son. So you just never know when, but yes - you can find love!
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 1:26 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• have friends or co-workers set you up with guys they know and then go out on a group date and always be up front and never introduce a guy until you know he is going to be a good match for you and your child.
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 1:30 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• its possible... i was a single mom and i dated for fun for a little while.. but then i quit dating at all and just started hanging out with friends (even tho there isnt much time.. you can take a night or two a month just for you.. its healthy for you and your son) he showed up and we started dating a year later.... then almost 6-7 months later i introduced him to my daughter.. and its great!
    Ross2010

Answer by Ross2010 at 2:57 PM on Feb. 16, 2011