I just started working for avon as a avon rep..and jus set up my website but have not had any luck with having any new customers buy from it :( im sad..i want a job so i could stay home and thought it would be a good idea :( any ideas? would help :(

sweetheart27766

Asked by sweetheart27766 at 10:16 AM on Nov. 18, 2008 in Money & Work

• I'd post flyers and get business cards and leave them everywhere!!
    Have you ever thought of working from home without having to sell ??
    Checkout my page and my blogspot at www.MomsGoneGreen.blogspot.com
    Good Luck!
    ~Lisa
    MomsGoneGreen

Answer by MomsGoneGreen at 10:20 AM on Nov. 18, 2008

• I have been selling Avon for almost 4 years. It has not been a source of income for me. I make enough to have a little (I mean little) pocket money and that's it. I have had my own website since they offered it to us and I have never received a new customer on it. The only thing I have ever gotten is scam requests (you know and email asking me to order 50 bottles of perfume for them). If you can make a little pocket money selling to your friends and neighbors, that's the most that most reps do. There are the few who actually do make money at it, but they spend all day passing out catalogs (think of how expensive that is) and trying to recruit everyone they see, because they make money on what their recruits sell. Maybe you are ambitious like that, but it takes a lot of time, effort, and money to get to that point. I'm ok with the pocket change and the fact that I can buy the things I want at a discount. Good luck!
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 10:22 AM on Nov. 18, 2008

• Hey there! Well, first keep in mind that the economy is not so great right now so people are not buying as much as they used to. Maybe with Christmas coming up people will be buying more for gifts, but still not that much. Also, the only way that you will actally make a GOOD income that will help support your family with Avon, is to recruit people to be on your team, like the above poster said. A lot of people do Avon and other companies like that so they can get a discount on products that they already love and to earn some extra spending money! But I don't think that people go into Avon with hopes of making a huge income.
    sassyhettel

Answer by sassyhettel at 10:39 AM on Nov. 18, 2008

• CONT> If you are wanting to make a good income from home you should consider a company that offers RESIDUAL income. This way as you work your business you are building up your pay check and it will ALWAYS be bigger then the month before! Residual income is the most powerful income to have! You do the work once and you are paid for it over and over again! BUT if you want more people to get to your site...advertise, advertise, advertise! People can't get there is they don't know it exists!
    sassyhettel

• My mother has been with Avon for 25+ years. She does NOT have a website yet BUT she makes about $1200 in residual income and $300+ in sales income every month. Keep in mind she has been doing it for 25 years... She makes better money this time of year because of Christmas. She does craft and home shows in the area and sets up a table. It's more expensive up front because she has to order all the stuff for the table first but she usually does well with them. She had one this past week end and she said in 3 days she made almost $400...

All that said I see why people get in to Avon. It's a good product. I tried it myself, but it just wasn't for me! I am now with Ameriplan and in 6 months I was making more than she is after 25 years. Which would be a HUGE part of the reason I quit Avon.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:49 AM on Nov. 18, 2008

• There are 2 big reasons why Avon and other businesses like it are so hard to do now a days... The first reason is simply the fact that with the economy the way it is people are spending MUCH less on the extras like jewelry and candles. The second reason is because the market is over saturated with reps. Every one has, is or was an Avon lady (or guy). So it's hard to find people that need someone to buy from.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:50 AM on Nov. 18, 2008

• If you would like to build your business here are some things I would suggest. First, visit VistaPrint.com and sign up. get business cards and make up postcards and anything else you can get free... (if you want tips on how to get the most free w/VP just PM me) Make up a bunch of stuff with your information and website on it as well as some of the recruiting information on it... LEAVE THEM EVERYWHERE!!! If you leave the house you can find at least 10 places to leave your paper trail before you go home...

• Second DON'T throw your old books away! put your information and a small flier about recruiting in them and leave them at laundry mats for people to flip through while they are waiting for clothes... **DON'T ASK if you can leave them... Just do it. Also Friday afternoon is the best time to do this. Third talk to your current customers and any new customers, offer them a discount on their next order if they bring you a new customer... If you give them 10% off for every new customer you may end up paying for 1 or 2 orders out of pocket but you could end up with 10+ new customers out of it...

• And I stand corrected...lol! I did not know that Avon has residual income! Now I know so thank you Sabrina!
    sassyhettel

Answer by sassyhettel at 11:11 AM on Nov. 18, 2008

• You have to work hard and you have to learn how to do internet marketing. Luckily with my business I have gotten good at it and am usually enrolling 1 person a day. ATLEAST 1 per week.
    BettyBoots

Answer by BettyBoots at 11:12 AM on Nov. 18, 2008