"Lazy Whiners" I agree with her completely

I hope my son has a teacher just like her.

If you haven't read the story, here's a link to it
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110216/ap_on_hi_te/us_teacher_suspended_blog#mwpphu-post-form

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:29 PM on Feb. 16, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I think she needs to grow up. She's supposed to be the adult here

I would hope she knows of more constructive ways to deal with difficult students.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 12:33 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• I'll watch it later.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 12:33 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• Every parent should spend one hour in a classroom filled with kids and then maybe teachers would get more respect and some parents would realize that their kid is not as perfect as they would like to think...I have worked in 4 schools and it is amazing how kids act and they act the way they do because they know the staff can do nothing about it
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 12:42 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• I think while the sentiment may have been accurate, her whining and namecalling isn't especially productive.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 12:47 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• I agree with her! We took prayer out the schools, we took the pledge of allegiance out of the schools, we took any punishment out of the schools....what do you expect? After attending public school for 6 years, my daughter switched to a private school. She had to be taught every thing she should have known by the 5th grade there. When she was a freshman, she took 2 classes a day at the local public school, and spent the rest of her day at her school. By the end of her year there, every teacher in that public school begged to have her for the following year! She on the other hand, was appalled by the lack of respect the students showed, the PDA she saw going on in the halls. under the bushes out front of the school, and the language of the students in the classrooms to their teachers! I don't see it getting any better till we get past this "no child left behind" bs, and until the parents start showing respect and (cont)
    MamaAlice54

Answer by MamaAlice54 at 1:27 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• DEMANDING that the kids do the same! The children at my daughter's school aren't perfect, but they learn respect at a very early age. They also have study habits the most public school kids would cringe at, it isn't unusual for my daughter to come home with 3 hours of homework to do! They are also taught that there are consequences for every action, and that they will be caught and will be punished. They have to live up to the high standards set by their parents and their school, both in school and when they are away from school. This applies to the dress code(nothing showing), no drinking, no smoking, no sexual activity. And believe me, these kids do it! Kids tend to live up to the standards set for them...so it really does come back to the parents, because they have taken all of the power away from the public schools.
    MamaAlice54

Answer by MamaAlice54 at 1:35 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• The reason kids now days act like this is because their parents don't care. The parents don't make their kids take responsibility for their own actions or lack there of. When the hell did it become OK to let your children breeze thru life without a care in the world. She's right, "They are rude, disengaged, lazy whiners. They curse, discuss drugs, talk back, argue for grades, complain about everything, fancy themselves entitled to whatever they desire, and are just generally annoying." There isn't one single thing she said that isn't the honest to god truth. Parents today either don't care or don't have the balls to make their kids do things. And instead of getting upset with their teenagers because of their bad behavior they would rather get upset with a teacher who wrote a blog expressing her displeasure of her students. Give me a break.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:40 PM on Feb. 16, 2011