milk..

when does milk start to come out of your breasts?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:19 AM on Nov. 18, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Usually after you give birth and the baby starts nursing their will first be colostrums for the first couple of days than you milk should come in, you will be able to tell the difference!! But if the breasts are stimulated before birth I have heard that colostrum can come out but you do not want to do this because the colostrums is important for the baby. This is the definitions of colostrum a yellowish fluid rich in antibodies and minerals that a mother's breasts produce after giving birth and before the production of true milk. It provides newborns with immunity to infections.
    JustUsTwo

Answer by JustUsTwo at 10:24 AM on Nov. 18, 2008

• Many women start leaking colostrum during their pregnancy. Don't worry, you won't run out! After the baby is born your milk should come in in a few days. If your baby is having trouble nursing or latching on it is a good idea to pump to stimulate your breasts. Sometimes those little guys just don't have enough strength to get your milk going. Are you pregnant or have you had your baby?
    woodj2

Answer by woodj2 at 10:55 AM on Nov. 18, 2008

• Milk.....or Colostrum,

Its differant colors,

A yellowish clear color is colostrum

A white . More milky color when its milk, i got it around 30 weeks , it came in earlie

My breast started leaking at 12-14 weeks,
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 11:25 AM on Nov. 18, 2008

• I had colostrum during my pregnancy; it never really went away after my first. But my true milk came in 3 days after birth every time
    vsrillo

Answer by vsrillo at 11:56 AM on Nov. 18, 2008

• It is different for everyone. I didn't leak until baby started nursing.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 12:01 PM on Nov. 18, 2008